Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:15 PM

Perfumes/Aftershaves

Some females can't leave home without jewellery, I can't leave without some perfume.

I am pretty hard and fast in what I like, mainly Dior or Lancome. Someone tonight mentioned Boucheron, now I'm curious, and need to go search it out.

What do you like for either men or women?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:28 PM

Re: Perfumes/Aftershaves

I love Chanel and also another favourite of mine is Vera Wang "Woman" I use them sparingly so they always last me for ages and they are the only perfumes Id love as gifts...For men I like Polo and also the Kalvin Klein ones are nice too
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:36 PM

I love Opium and also Tabu
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 11:45 PM

I just like the adverts Tuppy, men's aftershave cant stand the stuff, bottle water for fairies .
Then that gagging "Youth Dew", that stunk the pub out.
Subtle is the word.

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:09 AM

My favourite is a copy perfume - Clinique Aromatics, cost around £4! A few times people in shops have commented on it in passing saying how nice I smell and can't believe it's a copy!

I was in a store one day and the manager shouted, "who's wearing Aromatics" she couldn't believe it when I told her it wasn't the original
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:18 AM

Oscar de Larenta's original, Something Blue and So de.Larenta.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:25 AM

I can not cope with some of the perfumes/sprays, be it male or female.

I think it's something in the synthetic ones ... they do something horrible to the back of my throat (I won't go into detail)

One of the 'popular' sprays young men seem fixated on, is horribly strong .... yuk yuk yuk ... makes me feel bad.

Similarly, some of the strong pongs young women wear are fairly unpleasant

I well remember Estée Lauder's Youth Dew ... oh boy that really made me want to throw up.

In my youth I liked 'Lily of the Valley' but one time I was bought a different make and it 'did' my throat every time I used it.

'Youth Dew' was similar to 'Brute' .... bleughhhhh ! and I tend to associate both with garlic breath

I guess I go for subtle, clean and understated ... like my men
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:53 AM

I confess to having YD...back in my youth, but agree it is (or was) overpowering, yes like Brut too. Yuk yuk yuk.

Where I used to work, the secretary liked Anais Anais, and would buy us few woman a set for Christmas. Very pleasant.

However, I can no longer tolerate any perfume smells, since having two nose ops years ago. Everything now smells ghastly to me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 10:59 AM

Usually I don't like perfumes, too overpowering for me
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:13 AM

Why are women such lost causes when it comes to using perfume ?

Questions I would ask is what do they smell like, more what do they think they smell like.
Why do they think they need the stuff?
What do they think the stuff does for them?
Do their friends really tell them the truth about how they smell/
Do most men hate it rather than love it on a woman?
Do people in crowded places look around to see who is ponging the place out, yes I know they do.

No not saying I never like it, just saying a female may pass and her perfume smells divine . However such females are rare, perhaps one in a couple of years and when looking, that female reeks of pure class top to toe.

So sorry "Slap it On" English ladies , unlike Italian ladies class gets lost with ass , then perhaps as we know, what suits one skin does not suit another.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top