Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:27 AM

Re: Perfumes/Aftershaves

I rarely use perfume these days I stopped when the grandchildren came along.
The sense of smell is well developed in babies and strong scents can be overpowering and mask familiar smells which are comforting to a baby.

I think our sense of smell changes as we age, perfumes I once liked smell strange now. I like flowery perfumes and used 'Paris' by Yves Saint Laurent and 'D'issey' by Issey Miyake for a long time but have gone off them .

The last perfume I bought was Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' which is quite delicate.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The last perfume I bought was Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' which is quite delicate.
I bought some of that for my wife on a Jet2 flight from Dubrovnik in May this year.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 02:06 PM

I use CK's 'Obsession, which since its based on 'Cinnamon' I can have the smell of cakes and buns wafting up my nose
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 02:31 PM

As with DukeOfEarl, I have to question why it is that women actually want to cover themselves in some kind of artificial scent.

As a natural guy, I don't use any kind of aftershave. Why is that? Because scientifically women are attracted by the natural smells that the male body gives off. I'm not talking BO and sweat here. A man needs to be clean but not smelling of artificial soaps, lotions and aftershaves. Women are not conscious of those natural smells and are not necessarily conscious of the fact that they may find a man interesting and likeable without exactly knowing why.

Any guy who wants to be attractive to women should ditch the aftershave and go natural. There is no stronger or more reliable scent than your own pheromones. Nature knows best !

Women similarly, you don't need those perfumes. They are in the main awful and most gents will humour you out of politeness. The adverts make you believe you need them to be wanted and beautiful but it's a lie. They stink, some appallingly so. Be as natural as you can and men will flock to you.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 02:58 PM

In the dim and distant past an ex girlfriend used to wear "Lily of the valley" an old fashioned perfume but she wore it perfectly. I was only aware of it when we were very very close.
I hate those women (and men I supose) who's perfume enters a room before they do.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I confess to having YD...back in my youth, but agree it is (or was) overpowering, yes like Brut too. Yuk yuk yuk.

Where I used to work, the secretary liked Anais Anais, and would buy us few woman a set for Christmas. Very pleasant.

However, I can no longer tolerate any perfume smells, since having two nose ops years ago. Everything now smells ghastly to me.
Lol Janet
Anais Anais is another one that affects my throat.

Mum used to like Estée

I don't go for those green smells and at one time liked to wear Femme (by Rochas).
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 03:13 PM

love expencive perfumes ..gucci, dgb, jean batou, clive christian , wish i could afford them all .......
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
In the dim and distant past an ex girlfriend used to wear "Lily of the valley" an old fashioned perfume but she wore it perfectly. I was only aware of it when we were very very close.
I hate those women (and men I supose) who's perfume enters a room before they do.
"Lily of the Valley", I think she is a mod on another forum
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
As with DukeOfEarl, I have to question why it is that women actually want to cover themselves in some kind of artificial scent.

As a natural guy, I don't use any kind of aftershave. Why is that? Because scientifically women are attracted by the natural smells that the male body gives off. I'm not talking BO and sweat here. A man needs to be clean but not smelling of artificial soaps, lotions and aftershaves. Women are not conscious of those natural smells and are not necessarily conscious of the fact that they may find a man interesting and likeable without exactly knowing why.

Any guy who wants to be attractive to women should ditch the aftershave and go natural. There is no stronger or more reliable scent than your own pheromones. Nature knows best !

Women similarly, you don't need those perfumes. They are in the main awful and most gents will humour you out of politeness. The adverts make you believe you need them to be wanted and beautiful but it's a lie. They stink, some appallingly so. Be as natural as you can and men will flock to you.
Very well presented Realist. Indeed it is the pheromones that need to be bottled for attraction . Is it not female pheromones that can prove the fatal attraction to the educated and hard to catch Trout , the reason they suggest why lady anglers in particular when wading have more success than the male.

"Trout Pout" the new perfume that will hook any man and make him rise to your bait. Leave orders in my pm box.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
I still like Lily of the Valley (see previous post).
Yes ... fairly discreet and not too pongy ... that sums me up quite nicely

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top