Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 08:48 PM

What would you do

What would you do if you saw someone standing outside a neigbours house for some time and looking a bit suspicious,you know the resident but not their phone number ?
This morning I could see a man standing ,for quite a while ,at the house opposite, he looked [ to me ] like he was trying the front door. I know the woman [who is in her 40s] by her first name ,but no surname ,or her phone number. I wasnt dressed but was just about to put on a coat and go out to the man when the woman came home and let him in to the house ,he was a workman !!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:12 PM

Re: What would you do

I once had a man arrested for leaving a neighbours house with a bag of what looked like swag - copper and brass jugs and other items. I'd seen him on a ladder which he put into her shed before leaving. My neighbour was out.
Turns out he was her odd job man and she had asked him to clean and
re-rivet the said items for her. The police picked him up at the bus stop. She was furious with me.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:56 PM

I once called the police as an older man was hanging around the bungalow across the road. He had tried the front door, then went round to the back of the property. He seemed as though he was waiting for someone else. (In my mind he was waiting for an accomplice with a van). I knew the bungalow had been burgled before.

The owners turned up a few minutes before the police.
Turned out he had arrived at his daughters house unexpectedly and thankfully both saw the funny side. She was grateful to me for me calling the police though.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:59 PM

wot neighbor hood watch is all about -keep a look out for each other ...!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 11:49 PM

Our neighbourhood watch person is very active and rubs people up the wrong way but he's very good at standing up for the old people who live here. We are pestered by people wanting to cut trees down and fix 'broken' tiles on the roof. He's got us all trained and we apprehended a man the other day trying to get our 91 year old neighbour to believe needed urgent repairs. She was confused and a bit scared but glad to have us send him on his way.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
Our neighbourhood watch person is very active and rubs people up the wrong way but he's very good at standing up for the old people who live here. We are pestered by people wanting to cut trees down and fix 'broken' tiles on the roof. He's got us all trained and we apprehended a man the other day trying to get our 91 year old neighbour to believe needed urgent repairs. She was confused and a bit scared but glad to have us send him on his way.

There's some wicked buggers around aren't there. They know damn well some of the oldies are vulnerable and often easy targets. Despicable people.
Well done you Annie.
Nightowl
suffolk
Nightowl is female 

11-11-2015, 01:08 AM

Its good to know there are some caring people around. I'd be pleased if
someone reported a stranger hanging around my house.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 01:11 AM

Last person I saw lurking in my garden, hiding behind my hedging .... turned out to be a copper.
Nightowl
suffolk
Nightowl is female 

11-11-2015, 01:13 AM

Were you under surveillance Morty? !!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 01:18 AM

Moi? Never! He was looking out for some criminal on the run.
He just told me not to worry.
Apparently he'd knocked on the neighbours and told them to stay inside and lock their windows and doors.
He never said that to me though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top