Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nightowl
suffolk
Nightowl is female 

11-11-2015, 01:27 AM

Re: What would you do

Hope you supplied him with some Jaffas to keep the cold out!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 01:30 AM

Eek no! Anyone touches my jaffas has to suffer the consequences.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 06:54 AM

Several residents noticed two people standing on the street corner.. Not Jehovahs (the lady was wearing trousers) not students (too old) so 3 of us phoned the police..
Turned out these two sore thumbs were supposed to be undercover police!

On another occasion I got a phone call to cme home as one of my further neighbors had passed my house and seen a young man trying the side door.. She said hallo and asked him what he was doing. He said he was just seeing a mate.
She then told him that she knew who lived at the house and she didnt think they had mates like him so would he name the person he had come to see...
He mumbled something then took a step back and said 'oh no youre right this isnt the right house... And walked quickly away.
Only then did she see he was wearing gloves ..It was a warm day.

Nothing was stolen and the house was safe but I dread to think what might have happened if my neighbour hadnt been so quick thinking and brave.. Not stuff but I worry about our pets in the event of a break in..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:30 AM

Depends which neighbour, after we rang police when we saw 2 men just before midnight climbing into their flat using a ladder and just got a lot of verbal abuse the following day because apparently we should have known they were her new new lodgers who had locked themselves out so we are careful who we try to help these days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 11:19 AM

One night I heard a helicopter, I looked out of my window and saw it was hovering over my garden as if it was trying to land!! I went out, taking my two dogs with me when suddenly a man appeared from nowhere telling me to get back in the house as the helicopter heat seeking equipment was picking up our body heat. He said there was a man hiding in my garden!! I could then see he was a policeman! Not long after, he knocked on my the door to inform me they had got the man who had crashed a car on the top road and ran off! Later, I took my dogs for a walk and saw a lamp post bent right over where he had crashed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top