Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 09:41 PM

Upset For a Friend

My dear friend rang me on Sunday, she is feeling very down. She had gone out with a neighbour to look at the shops, but then the neighbour decided she didnt want to be bothered after all, my friend suggested another time but her neighbour says ' cant be bothered going out',she is going out and away with her sisters, and she always used to ask my friend to join them, but not this time.Another friend was asking someone to go out with her, but not my friend,It has hurt her terribly, she feels she has no one to go out with, We live too far away to go out for days now, but had some good days together when we lived near, she goes swimming 3 days a week and chats to people there,she is such a caring friendly person I wish I could help her
Neo
New Member!
UK
Neo is female 

11-11-2015, 01:07 AM

Re: Upset For a Friend

Hi deylon, just wanted to say I feel for your friend. Sometimes others can be thoughtless, inconsiderate or even downright rude. Either way, I can understand why your friend feels hurt. And it must be difficult for you, living at a distance now and unable to get together as often as you might like. I do hope your friend is able to find others who will treat her well and appreciate her friendship.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:35 AM

Gosh some people are so thoughtless sounds like your friend needs some better friends more like you deylon.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:06 AM

I agree with Julie, people who behave in that way canīt possibly be called friends.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 11:10 AM

So sad for your friend
Hope she meets some decent people 'soon'
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 11:18 AM

I too feel sorry for your friend ... I've been in the same situation with one "friend" in particular but I decided to walk away .... as the saying goes ... "nowt so queer as folk"
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 12:35 PM

That is really sad to be let down like that...and not even gently, by the sounds of it.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 08:43 PM

My friend had a break down in 2014 and is very easily hurt, I try to be there for her when she needs me, but we live miles apart . Her only son [ whom she thinks the world of ] has told her not to get involved with anyone else , but Im not sure this is a good idea, as she ' needs' company , her husband is good,but its not the same as having a woman friend to go out with

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top