Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:08 AM

Diggin' your grave with your teeth

Basildon woman told 'lose weight or die' sheds 14 stone
A frightening story of what can happen when your eating is uncontrolled.
Very easy to gradually put on weight, but not so easy to lose it again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34775370
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:12 AM

Re: Diggin' your grave with your teeth

The problem will be in keeping the weight off.

She looks fantastic now - good luck to her.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The problem will be in keeping the weight off.

She looks fantastic now - good luck to her.
Yes I agree....like smoking, easy to stop but the trick is not to start again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:25 AM

Taking it off is easy seeing yourself smaller is not so easy I found, when I lost 5 stones I felt like she did but I didn't recognise myself as me at all, people kept going on about my weight (something I never had before) and it sat badly with me being the centre of attention. Consequence I put a lot of it back on and now feel less fit but mentally more myself and I have blended back into the back ground no one bothers me again. Bliss.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:33 AM

I know a few people that have lost tons of weight but the thing is afterwards all that extra skin they have dangling. The NHS are not very helpful and are very selective as to who they will remove it from. So the ones that can't get the operation to remove it start to put the weight back on they find it a lot better than having all that spare skin dangling.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Digging my grave with my teeth? I'm 183 cm and 130 kg. That's a lot of dirt to spit out. I doubt that I'd have any teeth left, halfway through that exercise.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I know a few people that have lost tons of weight but the thing is afterwards all that extra skin they have dangling. The NHS are not very helpful and are very selective as to who they will remove it from. So the ones that can't get the operation to remove it start to put the weight back on they find it a lot better than having all that spare skin dangling.
That's very true when I asked I was told only people who had gastric bands were given the operations, which seemed very unfair if you did it yourself you had to put up with it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:18 AM

You also get a droopy wrinkly face! I lost 3 stone after my tummy troubles in the past two years (see thread about pump inhibitors) I had been planning on being perfectly round by the time I reached 60. I found I was biting my cheeks and inside may lips because they were getting slack! Now my tum is much better I'm putting weight back on and may reach optimum roundness a little late but in time to roll down hill when my legs give out!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:45 AM

I always think it is the overweight people who have the nicest complexions, no lines or wrinkles like the dried up, no fat in their diet people!
I always wonder when people lose a huge amount of weight, where does it go? You'd imagine with the amount they lose, you would see lumps of fat dropping off them as they walked, in their chair or in the bed when they woke up! I know that all sounds silly but how can such a terrific mass disappear invisibly?!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 02:56 PM

She has to be congratulated for what she has achieved and I would love to see her looking as good as she does now next year, but you never see or hear of these ladies again, lets have a photo of slimmer of the year 2010 for example. The Leeches who make fortunes from people desperate to shed weight love having stories and pictures like this published, what better way for them to sell their quack remedies.
If I start to put on weight I don't need I just eat less, always works for me and it costs nothing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top