Join for free
Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We didn't manage that well before the EEC. Our economy was the pits when we finally joined. It took us years to recover form the 1970s. Our goods became to expensive too export, our industries to inefficient and top management heavy, throttled by trade unions and un-competitive.

Yes we "managed" but most ordinary people had nothing and no way to progress financially. Yes some people did well out of it but then the draconian taxes took it away.
Tell me. Who was in government for most of the 1970s? Incompetent Labour that's who, giving in to hard-line unions' every demand thus paving the way for Thatcher as well as penalising high earners. Remember 83% 'supertax'? No wonder the wealthy left in droves leaving the workers to pick up the shortfall.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Tell me. Who was in government for most of the 1970s? Incompetent Labour that's who, giving in to hard-line unions' every demand thus paving the way for Thatcher as well as penalising high earners. Remember 83% 'supertax'? No wonder the wealthy left in droves leaving the workers to pick up the shortfall.
Both the tories and labour were in power at different times. But the problems were inherent in lazy top management teams and inefficient industries. Those took years to build up. It was a culture of complacency and little work ethic. Anyone who did work was considered to be letting the team down. It's like when my parents hired builders in the 70s and every half hour they'd want a "cup of tea" break. That's what it was like everywhere. That's what changed with all the workers coming in and actually working.

Yes the taxation policies were mad. I am no fan of Corbyn or that type of labour party. We need a free market here with some guidance for anti competitive practices. But no heavy fiscal intervention or nuts economic policies from loony lefties.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Has announced he is going on the campaign trail with "Leave means Leave".
Hooray I say
Three Cheers for Nigel! It's the only way stupid May and the Remoaners in the Houses will take note. It was because of him that the Referendum was called by dopey, panicking Dave in the first place. We need his voice, telling it as it really is. The Brexit lot in Government have been gagged for fear of being sacked. (Not Jacob RM of course). No, Nigel will say it how it is,

Give it to em with both Barrels Nigel. Speak up loud and clear for the majority without a voice that voted to leave!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 02:34 PM

I would like to see Nigel step away from UKIP and perhaps find some from other parties to form something that can bring back a commonsense approach to politics again.

One thing is for sure the upcoming party conferences could be very revealing.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's also why `he` put Yorkshire on high ground, so that those on the coast (the south coast in particular) will drown first when the water levels rise.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:34 PM

As a SNP member, I would like to voice my support for Farage, Boris, Rees-Mogg, Corbyn et al. You couldn’t make them up, best recruiting sergeants we have!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I would like to see Nigel step away from UKIP and perhaps find some from other parties to form something that can bring back a commonsense approach to politics again.

One thing is for sure the upcoming party conferences could be very revealing.
Mmmmm no matter which party he would be allowed to join he as already been tarred.
UKIP are a spin off of BNP and NF,I really wanted to believe when Farage took control the first and second time but it as since proven it's to deeply buried in the party.

We already had the Lib Dems years ago filled up with all the MP's that disagreed with their old party's,how did that work out.Eventually they all moved back into their old ways and were allowed to rejoin their original partys.
Much like the UKIP ones a couple of years ago.
You cannot expect the public to keep voting for turncoats.

No I reckon what should happen is that they should hold a end of season party in Parliament all members have to be there to recieve yet another annual rise.
Then blow the cesspit up and get rid of all of them.
Then restart all over again with a younger generation of unspoilt.
All looking to rebuild the country and not feather their own nest's.
+++++++++++
Judd..... Tell me. Who was in government for most of the 1970s? Incompetent Labour that's who, giving in to hard-line unions' every demand thus paving the way for Thatcher as well as penalising high earners. Remember 83% 'supertax'? No wonder the wealthy left in droves leaving the workers to pick up the shortfall.
So true buddy Labour and Conservative together were the ones that killed off the Northeast shipyards/steel works.
Moving the shipyards up to Scotland and the British Steel down to Port Talbot investing billions and leaving the Northeast with over 275,000 unemployed when I left in the early 70's.
But my old man to the day he died would not except Labour did it..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Mmmmm no matter which party he would be allowed to join he as already been tarred.
UKIP are a spin off of BNP and NF,I really wanted to believe when Farage took control the first and second time but it as since proven it's to deeply buried in the party.

We already had the Lib Dems years ago filled up with all the MP's that disagreed with their old party's,how did that work out.Eventually they all moved back into their old ways and were allowed to rejoin their original partys.
Much like the UKIP ones a couple of years ago.
You cannot expect the public to keep voting for turncoats.

No I reckon what should happen is that they should hold a end of season party in Parliament all members have to be there to recieve yet another annual rise.
Then blow the cesspit up and get rid of all of them.
Then restart all over again with a younger generation of unspoilt.
All looking to rebuild the country and not feather their own nest's.
+++++++++++

So true buddy Labour and Conservative together were the ones that killed off the Northeast shipyards/steel works.
Moving the shipyards up to Scotland and the British Steel down to Port Talbot investing billions and leaving the Northeast with over 275,000 unemployed when I left in the early 70's.
But my old man to the day he died would not except Labour did it..
He may be tarred in your book, not in mine, BTW add in coalmining, manufacturing, fishing and agriculture to the Thatcher/Blair witch project.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
He may be tarred in your book, not in mine, BTW add in coalmining, manufacturing, fishing and agriculture to the Thatcher/Blair witch project.
So true Nom but in my defence I was only quoting the Northeast in that post, but yes the whole of Yorkshire's industries suffered badly and to this day they have not recovered.
I still believe we should have our own Government and of course York as our capital as it used to be.
Hey I might move back up there if that ever happened..
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 04:07 PM

UKIP is not a spin off of the BNP it was set up by Farage as he believed we should leave the undemocratic EU take back our sovereignty and stop giving them 10billion of taxpayers money, but just like other parties some nasty people try to influence there policies, the Labour party is also suffering from communist doing the same to them in the form of momentum.

Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top