Join for free
Page 22 of 28 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:15 PM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Wasn’t she gagged by corbin ? I don’t mean back when the fool was dating her ( I want that vision out of my head !) but in the last election I’m certain he kept her locked up away from the press
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Wasn’t she gagged by corbin ? I don’t mean back when the fool was dating her ( I want that vision out of my head !) but in the last election I’m certain he kept her locked up away from the press
OMG! I initially read that as "in the last erection..."
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
OMG! I initially read that as "in the last erection..."
Yuk!!!!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 01:01 AM

I do think some of you boys have a thing for Abbott. The number of posts about her is bordering on the obsessive.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, just an unelected Commission which is in complete control!
Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Empire ? Empire building ? May I humbly suggest that the EU , a bunch of unelected unaccountable gangsters have built an empire of 28 nations so far and as demonstrated of late .... all held hostage !!!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
When i looked into this a while back i found out that everyone is elected. They are either heads of state or MEPs. Of course the elected representatives also decide to engage others for specific projects. E.g barnier. But it's far far more democratic than the British political system.
It's about time someone pointed this out with all the ignorant ,ill informed slurs being thrown about. Well done.

It always makes me laugh when Britain complains about a country being "undemocratic"
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:13 AM

Hi

May is sticking with her deal even though it was massively rejected.

Apparently the EU leaders who she spoke to yesterday were amazed by this.

We are not getting anywhere at all.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:29 AM

But Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom hit back, telling the Telegraph that colleagues who want to stop no deal wrongly 'think they know better' than voters, but will 'fail our country' and weaken the UK's negotiating hand.
Ms Leadsom said: 'Parliamentarians are the servants of the people – and the people gave us a very direct answer to a direct question. We must leave the EU.
'No deal is not the desired outcome, but it would be incompetent for any responsible government to rule it out, and there are very good reasons for that. If we rule out no deal, we can forget about the EU taking us seriously. We weaken our negotiating hand.'
Ms Leadsom said people campaigning to block no deal were 'conveniently ignoring' the fact that Parliament had passed legislation which meant the UK will leave the EU on March 29 whether there is a deal or not.
She said: 'It's the legal default position between the UK and the EU. If we fail to prepare, we prepare to fail our country.
'The will of the people is not something that should be redefined by parliamentarians who think they know better, and want to pursue their own agenda.
'Anyone who wants to cheer the optimistic future we have ahead of us is worthy of our support, not our derision.'

PM leaves EU in 'disbelief' as she fails to make new Brexit demands
https://mol.im/a/6609163
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:34 AM

I'm a bit surprised that no one has suggested a managed, and tracked, 5 or 10 year break, of UK Membership of the EU.

We could, then, monitor how well the UK gets along, whilst out, with an agreement that we could drop back in, at the end of the period, if all the doom predictions came true, or stay out if the sky does not fall down.

Sort of a "try before you buy" experience!

Might be useful, also, for other countries which have worries such as ours.

Might even be interesting, for members, to have the right to join, or leave, at the beginning of each year?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I'm a bit surprised that no one has suggested a managed, and tracked, 5 or 10 year break, of UK Membership of the EU.

We could, then, monitor how well the UK gets along, whilst out, with an agreement that we could drop back in, at the end of the period, if all the doom predictions came true, or stay out if the sky does not fall down.

Sort of a "try before you buy" experience!

Might be useful, also, for other countries which have worries such as ours.

Might even be interesting, for members, to have the right to join, or leave, at the beginning of each year?
Well firstly that wasn't the brexit most of us voted for and secondly I can't imagine the EU liking it at all.

EU don't want it to be easy for anyone.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well firstly that wasn't the brexit most of us voted for and secondly I can't imagine the EU liking it at all.

EU don't want it to be easy for anyone.
Maybe we've reached the stage where some Lateral Thinking might be needed.

At the moment we're going nowhere!

Page 22 of 28 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top