Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Re: Illegal Immigrants Crossing the Channel.

Don't get too excited yet, but this last week, Erdogan is threatening to flood Europe with another 5.5 million refugees if he doesn't get what he's asking for.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Don't get too excited yet, but this last week, Erdogan is threatening to flood Europe with another 5.5 million refugees if he doesn't get what he's asking for.
That won't bother the EU rulers. They'll just provide a clear passage to the Land of Milk and Honey.

I'm afraid we really are our own worst enemies: free handouts for all, free healthcare for all, etc., etc.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I do have a couple of chips on my shoulder Dodge, but
Phobias, none! Phobia infers fear, and l am definitely NOT
scared!!But thanks for the warning!

Regards Donkeyman!
The gotcha is that when "phobia" forms part of a compound word the meaning of that compound word need not include the meaning of the words that go to make up the compound word.

In the case of (say) Islam-o-phobia the compound word has nothing to do with an unreasonable fear of Islam but instead it implies a rabid and justified hatred of Islam.

Similarly xeno-phobia has nothing to do with a fear of things strange (xeno) usually foreigners, but instead it means a dislike of foreigners and that is usually invoked to downplay loyalty to one's own or in my case chosen country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
the gotcha is that when "phobia" forms part of a compound word the meaning of that compound word need not include the meaning of the words that go to make up the compound word.

In the case of (say) islam-o-phobia the compound word has nothing to do with an unreasonable fear of islam but instead it implies a rabid and justified hatred of islam.

Similarly xeno-phobia has nothing to do with a fear of things strange (xeno) usually foreigners, but instead it means a dislike of foreigners and that is usually invoked to downplay loyalty to one's own or in my case chosen country.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The gotcha is that when "phobia" forms part of a compound word the meaning of that compound word need not include the meaning of the words that go to make up the compound word.

In the case of (say) Islam-o-phobia the compound word has nothing to do with an unreasonable fear of Islam but instead it implies a rabid and justified hatred of Islam.

Arent we indulging in what educated people call semantics
Todgy?? Did you see one of the chips on my shoulder
here?

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 02:49 PM

Hi

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, the protection of our Borders is our responsibility, it is not the French or anybody else.

We have not done it, the last Home Secretary who took this seriously was a Labour Home Secretary.

May was a disadter from start to finish.

Boris is even worse.

Taking back Control?

Don't make me laugh, Boris is wanting an Amnesty for the Illegals already here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, the protection of our Borders is our responsibility, it is not the French or anybody else.

We have not done it, the last Home Secretary who took this seriously was a Labour Home Secretary.

May was a disadter from start to finish.

Boris is even worse.

Taking back Control?

Don't make me laugh, Boris is wanting an Amnesty for the Illegals already here.
He HAS to play that card otherwise the Labtards and Libtards and assorted Snowflakes would be all over his ass accusing him of being a "Racist".

Once free of the corrupt and profoundly undemocratic European Commission (the real power in the EU) the route will be clear for all sorts of good things not least a rapid reduction of our population by MILLIONS.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
He HAS to play that card otherwise the Labtards and Libtards and assorted Snowflakes would be all over his ass accusing him of being a "Racist".

Once free of the corrupt and profoundly undemocratic European Commission (the real power in the EU) the route will be clear for all sorts of good things not least a rapid reduction of our population by MILLIONS.
Hi

Really?

You would not be here if we had not let your ancestors in.

As for survival of the fittest, Israel would be long gone without our help.

My job was to protect all, even idiots like you.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 05:48 PM

That was uncalled for Swims.
We have helped many people but few have assimilated and been a real asset to the country as have the Jewish community .

As for Israel it gets help but it helps itself too its people are hardworking intelligent and courageous that's why it has survived .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-09-2019, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That was uncalled for Swims.
We have helped many people but few have assimilated and been a real asset to the country as have the Jewish community .

As for Israel it gets help but it helps itself too its people are hardworking intelligent and courageous that's why it has survived .

Israel is our friend. The Israelis are doing nothing other than defending themselves against the constant attacks by Hamas and Hezbollah.

Almost all muslim nations have stated their hatred of the Jews and despite Israel possessing land a fraction of the size of the combined muslim countries, they'd still love to drive the Israelis into the sea. Evil members of an evil religion.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top