Join for free
Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:21 AM

Re: introducing MURTAGH

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Sleep well.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
How'd it go last night, dongle?
Did you get a bit more sleep, or did you little friend want you to stay with him?
Not too bad mups. I slept near him for a while, took him outside at 5;30 (after the event I might add ) then left him and went to my proper bed for two hours. I was awake for most of that because I was worried about him (I know.... big softie ) but I did get some sleep throughout.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not too bad mups. I slept near him for a while, took him outside at 5;30 (after the event I might add ) then left him and went to my proper bed for two hours. I was awake for most of that because I was worried about him (I know.... big softie ) but I did get some sleep throughout.

I do understand and sympathise, but tell yourself it will get better. I also suspect he knows a soft touch when he sees one too - but he'll love you all the more for it in the end.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well done for staying with your puppy LD a gradual introduction to being left alone has been shown to help prevent separation anxiety later on .
He does seem very good when left so I will try to increase the amount by leaving him for longer in the mornings until morning becomes night if that makes sense.

Tbh, I quite often end up on the sofa anyway (when I get nudged for snoring) so it's no hardship for me but I don't want him to be reliant on it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-07-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do understand and sympathise, but tell yourself it will get better. I also suspect he knows a soft touch when he sees one too - but he'll love you all the more for it in the end.
Yes I think it is improving already. He is playing fetch with the ball too
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 12:44 PM

Cor, who is this chocolate box handsome boy? (Not you! Longy)
He looks absolutely lovely and it makes me want another dog.

One thing l noticed, he could do with a few more toys!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:32 PM

Oh, gosh, what an adorable baby! You are quite the hero for staying up with him, but I know he's already worth all the sleepless nights and inconvenience. Nothing better than adding to your family!

Keep the pics coming!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:37 PM

Oh my goodness Dongles!!!!!

He's ADORABLE!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Cor, who is this chocolate box handsome boy? (Not you! Longy)
He looks absolutely lovely and it makes me want another dog.

One thing l noticed, he could do with a few more toys!
Yes, we willlbe getting a few more for him. t the moment he pefers anything but his toys although he is quite attached to 'Googly' the frog..... as you can see.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, gosh, what an adorable baby! You are quite the hero for staying up with him, but I know he's already worth all the sleepless nights and inconvenience. Nothing better than adding to your family!

Keep the pics coming!
Thanks surfer. Tbh, staying up with him is no hardship. I love every minute but don't let him know.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh my goodness Dongles!!!!!

He's ADORABLE!!
Thanks Rhain.

He went out on his first shopping trip today for a harness fitting (garden wear ). He seemed to enjoy it and will be going back to try it on a few days time.

Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top