Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 02:14 PM

Mif or Mil???

So, are you a mif person or a mil person? Not sure of the veracity of my information, but read somewhere that the difference is actually class based. In Asia where tea comes from I believe it was always drunk black, and it was only when it arrived in Europe that people started adding milk (not sure if this is actually true) however the mil or mif supposedly came about because 'upstairs' people had delicate bone china cups to drink out of, which was tough enough to enable the hot tea to go in the cup first whilst those 'below' stairs only had cheap 'pot' mugs which could not withstand the immediate heat of hot tea and had to have the milk in first or they would crack and even shatter. Personally I am most definitely a mil person, otherwise you are merely diluting the milk with tea producing a very milky (and in my opinion), disgusting brew of milky yeuch.

How does everyone else feel?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Re: Mif or Mil???

MIL definitely. I like my tea like tar, so I only use the merest splash of milk.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Me too, although not the 'tar' bit. I found that my milk was going off long before I had used even half the jug, then we had a brilliant brain wave and searched on t'internet and found a place where we could purchase those teeny tiny milk containers you get in some caffs, and even then I get two sometimes even three mugs out of one little pot.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 03:00 PM

It doesn't matter too much to me individually since I don't drink milk at all - erghhh -yuk!!! however, in making drinks for others I always put milk in first since adding milk afterwards tends to cool the drink too much.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 03:09 PM

Well I suppose I am a MIL person, I only have a tiny splash of milk, and I have tried all different kinds of tea, and I find the best one is Yorkshire Tea.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 03:09 PM

I'm a mil.
Don't fancy tea mif - especially if there is a tea bag in there as well - puts me right off dragging a milky tea bag out of my cup. It is important to squash tea bag down and then remove it from the tea before adding milk. If you do it right and are a mil you can adjust the strength and colour of the tea to a fine degree.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Milk in last always .
This is why.

I don't use a teapot very often these days because I live alone. I warm my mug first (and it has to be china), putting the milk in first would make the mug cold again.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 04:43 PM

Always use a teapot, 2 cups each, milk in last.
Have been known to put milk in the tea pot, with the tea bags especially if I'm taking the pot into the garden.
I know, I'm a philistine!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 04:58 PM

I'm neither as I don't have milk with anything!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Just tea, no milk or sugar, same if I have a coffee which is not often.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top