Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 01:05 AM

Re: Butter

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
What's the problem with Google? I love Google.
me to i love Google
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 01:12 AM

Eileen, that was a tongue in cheek remark. No, I never use Google itself to look up things, but I use another search engine when I want to know something. I use Dogpile which is a search engine that compiles Yahoo, Search, Google and Bing all rolled into one. I love Dogpile!

http://www.dogpile.co.uk/dogpileuk/ws/index
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the link; gave it a look. The Wikipedia link was way down on Dogpile on the Philly cheesesteak item I'd copied earlier on Google. I think I'll stick with what I like, Mollie.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
almost forgot to say we had crumpets with the new butter tonight and its really nice, i will be buying it again thats for sure
Glad you've given it the thumbs up Kitty I'm going to look for that chocolate cake on Monday
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Can you get Kerrygold Irish butter?
Just wanted to say i bought some Kerrygold Irish unsalted
butter and it really is lovely, as nice as Lurpak
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 07:25 PM

I have to say that there are certain things which can only be eaten with real butter, hot toast and a baked potato are just two examples, but on sandwiches, crackers etc I will use a 'spreadable' version. Have tried most and there is one which I have found is head and shoulders above all the rest, not only for taste, which is excellent but it is actually good for you. This wonder spread? Lurpak spreadable with olive oil. I used to use a certain Italian sounding olive oil based spread, but as a lover of Lurpak butter I spotted this and decided to give it a go, and was pleasantly surprised, it actually DOES taste like butter, even to the extent will use it on potatoes and veggies. And coupled with a couple of slices of Tesco poppy seed bread and a chunk of strong cheese it is a supper to delight in.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 07:45 PM

We use Flora buttery - cant tell the difference, love it. May give the Lurpak a go when its on offer tho'. The other advantage is to be able to use it straight from the fridge
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 07:46 PM

I'm and out and out butter fan; I would use margerine occasionally but after being told that it is one molecule away from being plastic - that seriously put me off eating it! Olive oil spreads are fine and I might just try the one you recommend daisymay
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Flora - isn't Marge gal - couldn't eat that....anyway give the Lurpak a go...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2013, 08:02 PM

It has to be butter for me and a nice salty one .... Yum
Toast , crumpets , and bagels

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top