Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:36 PM

Re: How Many Posts Does It Take.

I dint need to get the last word. Im not argumentative or confrontational, confrontational people scare me so I'd rather bow out. I've got my own views and beliefs and who is to say he is wrong she is right blah blah. I really can't be arsed because I prefer a quiet life.

Mind you, I akways win an argument with my husband because I'm akways right you see hehe. Joking im not self-righteous either self righteousness gets up my nose.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Great fun that would be!...I’m up for it. you arrange it then?
Well, I didn't expect that response, heh! It was a tongue in cheek suggestion based on what you were saying about words being taken out of context. (Besides, I'm not sure the Mods would approve really, as its taking away activity on the forum, which is the very thing that brought us all together!) But I'm not totally against the idea, now its out there.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:50 PM

Dogmatic.

OFF is very balanced - a microcosm of the world one minute and an escape from it the next

Some threads and posts are tome-like and a dog-with-a-bone (guilty), while others are pithy, funny, and light.

Some topics lend themselves to lengthier discussions and others are hit-and run.

A forum begs discussion, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy it here so much.

That's the long and short of it .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I rarely start a thread, hardly anyone ever posts on it if I do, so I don't bother.
I'll answer a thread with a comment but never bother with trying to push my point, they either get it or they don't & then I move on.
Ahem....Chrysalis.....jus' sayin'

*runs away*

I find posting a thread is quite nerve wracking, simply because I try to make sure everyone gets replied to so I don't offend anyone by leaving them out! Thankfully, of the few threads I have started, none of them have taken off to be pages and pages long!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 02:51 PM

The answer to this question is in the tea leaves.....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 02:55 PM

I think it depends on the subject Tiff, some are popular some aren’t...
Obviously the ones I post are only popular with a few people. Thanks to everyone who has posted on any thread I have started.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ahem....Chrysalis.....jus' sayin'

*runs away*

I find posting a thread is quite nerve wracking, simply because I try to make sure everyone gets replied to so I don't offend anyone by leaving them out! Thankfully, of the few threads I have started, none of them have taken off to be pages and pages long!
I enjoyed posting that one, shame it didn't end right, but again only a few liked it enough to post on it. I love nature mysteries.

I try to reply to all who answer my thread too, it's only polite to do so.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:38 PM

I don't think you can ever change someone's opinion, they can only do that for themselves. That's why programmes such as Question time are actually a complete waste of time. I doubt anyone has ever changed their political opinion whilst watching it.... the same applies to a forum. It is impossible to change someone's mind but you can at least state what you yourself believe in.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't think you can ever change someone's opinion, they can only do that for themselves. That's why programmes such as Question time are actually a complete waste of time. I doubt anyone has ever changed their political opinion whilst watching it.... the same applies to a forum. It is impossible to change someone's mind but you can at least state what you yourself believe in.
The last 11 words of your post.

You can, but be prepared for the flack that you get from some,...

But, as you say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you are prepared to share, be prepared that not everyone will share your view or belief and can get quite nasty over it.

Some of us are like children at times...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 05:53 PM

The last 11 words of your post.

You can, but be prepared for the flack that you get from some,...

But, as you say, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you are prepared to share, be prepared that not everyone will share your view or belief and can get quite nasty over it.

Some of us are like children at times...
I think the worst thing is when the arguments are enforced by Google. I like to stick by my opinion even if I am completely wrong.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think the worst thing is when the arguments are enforced by Google. I like to stick by my opinion even if I am completely wrong.
Even though your opinion is completely wrong.

I like to be open minded, but in one certain area, there can be no open mind for discussion ,so I don’t post in that area anymore ,because I know I will never move an inch..

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top