Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 06:24 PM

Re: How Many Posts Does It Take.

There was a time when if l started a thread, l wouldn’t post on it again. I think l was worried people would think, l was only trying to bump up the thread to make it look popular!

These days, l don’t bother about that and it ends up that there are more posts from me than anyone else!

I do feel bad when l do not reply to every post that is posted on threads l start... but sometimes l just don’t know what to say and l end up posting a load of rubbish!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There was a time when if l started a thread, l wouldn’t post on it again. I think l was worried people would think, l was only trying to bump up the thread to make it look popular!

These days, l don’t bother about that and it ends up that there are more posts from me than anyone else!

I do feel bad when l do not reply to every post that is posted on threads l start... but sometimes l just don’t know what to say and l end up posting a load of rubbish!
This completely. I long ago found that other posters have such stimulating, bright, and insightful posts that I could wreck the flow by interjecting. I always read every post if I start a thread, though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think the worst thing is when the arguments are enforced by Google. I like to stick by my opinion even if I am completely wrong.
I agree Longdogs.....
Some people want links and proof of everything you write. What they don't seem to realise is, that all of us on here have gathered knowledge for at the least fifty years and sometimes the source of that information has long since been lost (call it the university of life.) but it doesn't make it any less relevant.

We can also draw conclusions from various sources of information, which still makes it relevant but very hard to prove, but logical none the least.

And finally, an opinion or theory. All the best discoveries in science started life as somebody's theory or opinion, and in my book are just as relevant until proved void. Any fool can refer to Wiki, I do it myself sometimes, but do not replace the capability of the old grey matter to piece together some interesting and constructional thinking with chapter and verse copied from some obscure internet site..... Make your ideas your own....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree Longdogs.....
Some people want links and proof of everything you write. What they don't seem to realise is, that all of us on here have gathered knowledge for at the least fifty years and sometimes the source of that information has long since been lost (call it the university of life.) but it doesn't make it any less relevant.

We can also draw conclusions from various sources of information, which still makes it relevant but very hard to prove, but logical none the least.

And finally, an opinion or theory. All the best discoveries in science started life as somebody's theory or opinion, and in my book are just as relevant until proved void. Any fool can refer to Wiki, I do it myself sometimes, but do not replace the capability of the old grey matter to piece together some interesting and constructional thinking with chapter and verse copied from some obscure internet site..... Make your ideas your own....
excellent post you foxy divil you
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That’s a shame, I try not to take what people say personally....but I do have days when I bite back....
Don't misunderstand me - I rarely got involved in the type of thread that turned vitriolic. You could spot them a mile off usually, and if you didn't, if they turned nasty after several posts, I would bow out and not take part again. So there was never anything personal against me, I made sure of it. But there was just so often this really nasty, spiteful atmosphere. full of superior oneupmanship. There was just so much negative energy, I felt it was pulling me down.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I find posting a thread is quite nerve wracking, simply because I try to make sure everyone gets replied to so I don't offend anyone by leaving them out! Thankfully, of the few threads I have started, none of them have taken off to be pages and pages long!
I have never started a thread on here, but if I were to start one, I don't think I'd feel compelled to reply to each and every post. I mean, in RL, when out with a group of friends, if you ask a question you don't reply personally to every person in the group who responds, do you? The conversation just takes off. I've noticed on here that responding to each and every contributor seems to be the norm, but it does rather interrupt the flow of the 'conversation' somewhat IMHO. I'm not sure it's really necessary.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I have never started a thread on here, but if I were to start one, I don't think I'd feel compelled to reply to each and every post. I mean, in RL, when out with a group of friends, if you ask a question you don't reply personally to every person in the group who responds, do you? The conversation just takes off. I've noticed on here that responding to each and every contributor seems to be the norm, but it does rather interrupt the flow of the 'conversation' somewhat IMHO. I'm not sure it's really necessary.

I tend to answer nearly every post, if I start a thread,I have taken on board what you have posted, let the thread flow just naturally, I may at the end acknowledge the posts, but I am going to stop replying personally to every post, it’s not necessary.

I think you are right,it interrupts the flow of conversation imo...I have stopped thinking that it is rude not to answer every post....where those thoughts came from I have no idea, I like having a good old word with myself and my thinking often.

If anyone thinks they are being ignored, then they have that problem,.if one is secure in oneself ,it wouldn’t bother them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:04 AM

I like to develop and strengthen my intuition.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I like to answer everyone who acknowledges one of my posts Sheba more out of good manners really. If I was out with friends a nod, wink, smile or grunt usually suffices as a response, but on a forum that won't work.... So just a quick word of appreciation is, I think, the best way to go....Nobody likes to think they are being ignored....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:13 AM

Hi

I love Art's posts.

As mad as a Hatter, great fun to be with, never aggressive but most definitely has her own mind.

I would hate to be the man who tried to put her down.

You are going to get a right kicking.

In Scotland you have May, in England we have Art.

Any idiot man who thinks he is superior is going to get trashed.

I love it.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top