Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:41 PM

Brutal dentist charged

A Dutch dentist dubbed "the butcher" by French media has appeared in court to face charges of mutilating more than 100 patients.
Jacobus van Nierop, 51, ripped out healthy teeth and left dozens of patients in a remote French village with broken jaws, recurrent abscesses and septicaemia.

He faces charges of defrauding French social security and "wilful violence causing mutilation and permanent injury"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-0...-court/7231694

This doesn't help my dentist phobia, when I was a child, my family dentist never gave injections for fillings and took out an abscessed tooth that was so painful, the memory lingers on.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:44 PM

Re: Brutal dentist charged

Like you Tootsweet i have a phobia about dentists, imparted from my mother who nearly died under anesthetic. And lives with me to this day.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 12:02 AM

I know how you feel Nom, I once worked with a girl that was so traumatised, she had to be knocked completely out, the gas didn't do it for her, and it's very, very expensive.

Not sure what happens in America or the UK but here in Australia, you only get gas if you ask for it, in other words, you are expected to be a brave, mature adult and get on with it. My heart pounds so fiercely, I'm sure the dentist can see it pulsing through my clothes.

Funny how childhood memories stay with you. Two occupations here have a licence to print money - vets and dentists.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
A Dutch dentist dubbed "the butcher" by French media has appeared in court to face charges of mutilating more than 100 patients.
Jacobus van Nierop, 51, ripped out healthy teeth and left dozens of patients in a remote French village with broken jaws, recurrent abscesses and septicaemia.

He faces charges of defrauding French social security and "wilful violence causing mutilation and permanent injury"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-0...-court/7231694

This doesn't help my dentist phobia, when I was a child, my family dentist never gave injections for fillings and took out an abscessed tooth that was so painful, the memory lingers on.

I've never had an injection for a filling in me life. I'm more scared of the needle in my mouth than the filling.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia

09-03-2016, 12:07 AM

Holy Moley Mups, what happens when they hit a nerve?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by tootsweet ->
Holy Moley Mups, what happens when they hit a nerve?

Dunno, cos they never have - so far.
I had a crown fitted last year, never had one before, and I didn't have a needle for that either.

Don't if I'm brave or mental!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 12:42 AM

Have any of you watched the film 'Marathon Man'?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-03-2016, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Have any of you watched the film 'Marathon Man'?

No, why?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2016, 12:47 AM

I once had a tooth removed after local anaesthetic. It hurt like hell and I let the dentist know in no uncertain terms, although by then the thing was out.

It was infected so I had been prescribed antibiotics beforehand but I suspect they hadn't been completely successful. As I understand it, infection can compromise the effectiveness of injected anaesthetics.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-03-2016, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, why?
I shall not spoil it for you. Watch it and it will put you off going to the dentist for life!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top