Join for free
Page 33 of 276 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Thank you, Sweetie, I know you're not in a great space right now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 09:34 AM

Today is the first day I've woken up in a lot of pain - my neck, mainly, am waiting for a call back from one of the doctors because I don't believe the small amount of codeine and paracetamol is quite sufficient (although I feel better posting this, now I've had my tablets and coffee. I was warned that I would reach a rough patch once the steroids finished, and I hope this is it and not something else.

It's hard for me to post sometimes, especially when in pain. Outside is frigid (as I'm sure it is everywhere), going to have to wear a set of socks around my boots if I do have to go out.

Then a taxi to the doctors's - I feel like falling anyway despite the weather, a taxi to the chemist and back. I'm not usually so profligate but needs must.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-02-2018, 10:49 AM

My G.P. is actually going to visit me at home, bringing some pain relief with her. I think that's pretty stellar.

A few of my other meds need adjusted, also.

Not looking forward to the bone marrow treatment tomorrow, but it's something that must be endured. I hope to stay at home as much as possible during my chemo - there's nothing like home, it's not the same on the ward no matter how well they treat you.

Had a long convo with my sister - we were estranged for years, but she did visit me during my first cancer in 2016. We plan on staying in touch.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 10:57 AM

I am so pleased you have contacted your sister, family can give support when you are ill and help you through the bad times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 11:11 AM

I have only just caught up with this thread Ffosse and I'm so sorry to read your news. Please keep posting as much as you can. I think it really helps to tell someone how you are feeling. I hope the treatment goes well for you.
I know it sounds silly but although we all appear as a few lines of type on a computer screen, we sort of get to know each other, so keep posting.

I wish you all the best.

LD
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-02-2018, 11:18 AM

Yes, it's random 1s and 0s on a computer screen but we are all real people. It does help me to post - I can keep track of appointments by going back and reading what I've written, and I welcome others' input too.

Not sure what I'm eating today, but it will be less now that the course of steroids is over.

My one gripe at present is not having the concentration to read much - I do love a good book and have so many I'm not getting through. I've mostly been visiting You Tube and various other sites, but staying away from anything too negative. It's tiresome, at times, just having a 15 minute concentration limit.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-02-2018, 12:08 PM

They've just gone ahead and booked me for something else - I'm getting sick of this:

Thursday 1st . Bone Marrow Ward 1 11:00 - I understand this leaves me with a sore arse.
Monday 5th ECG Anne Fergusson Building 9:30
Tuesday 6th Chemo Ward 1 09:00
Wednesday 7th Mental Health Worker 12:30

I'm tempted to say no to all of them...it would in fact be easier for me to be in hospital to attend all of these - I just want to be left alone, feel I've hardly had the time to digest bad news and they're racking me up with appointments. It doesn't feel fair.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
They've just gone ahead and booked me for something else - I'm getting sick of this:

Thursday 1st . Bone Marrow Ward 1 11:00
Monday 5th ECG Anne Fergusson Building 9:30
Tuesday 6th Chemo Ward 1 09:00
Wednesday 7th Mental Health Worker 12:30

I'm tempted to say no to all of them...it would in fact be easier for me to be in hospital to attend all of these - I just want to be left alone, feel I've hardly had the time to digest bad news and they're racking me up with appointments.
Ffosse I know how you must be feeling but all these appointments will help with your general well being... even though it doesn't seem so. If you are struggling to travel to the hospital, ask if they have a patient travel service, especially for the chemo one!)
Please don't give up, because you need this care, but I do understand that there will be times when you think " I can't be bothered". You are afraid, just as we all would be, but please try to think that the hospital appointments will help you deal with your problems.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-02-2018, 12:29 PM

It would be easier being in hospital rather than attending all these appointments from home; I think they've forgotten that I can get quite agoraphobic.

I'm going to forget about the ECG one. I don't want to be doing anything next Monday.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-02-2018, 12:57 PM

There'll come a time when there shall be just 1 treatment too many for me. I'll see how chemo works this time, but if it doesn't, although I appreciate they're trying to prolong my life, I may just give in. Already sick of that building, using taxis, spending time and money.

Page 33 of 276 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top