Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 12:27 PM

Re: phone scams (long explaination)

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
There used to be a recommendation that you should blow a whistle down the phone if you got nuisance calls, but you should no longer do that. Neither should you swear at them, no matter how much you might be tempted. Why? Because, as you might have guessed, it upsets their human rights, and you could find yourself in trouble
Poor things! I've done that in the past, but now I just let the answerphone deal with them.

If I blew a whistle down the phone and the caller wanted to make an issue of it, they'd have to identify themselves. Of course, I'd just deny it. A crossed line or fault, I assume.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I don't believe that anyone that does this kind of telephone calling as any human rights to be honest. They throw all that away when they take on that job.

Has for my way I had a peaceful day yesterday not one call.
Lets hope it keeps that way.
Glad you had a peaceful day LF. They really are a pain in the arse aren't they and they hide behind the fact that they are in India or Africa, so it's unlikely that someone will fly over to clump them one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you had a peaceful day LF. They really are a pain in the arse aren't they and they hide behind the fact that they are in India or Africa, so it's unlikely that someone will fly over to clump them one.
Establishing their call centres abroad places them safely out of our country's jurisdiction, or so I've heard, which is why they do it.
There is also the advantage of cheap labour, of course.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-08-2018, 12:56 PM

I have, today, received yet another phone call of the type I receive regularly.

An American voice assures me that my IP address (or something) has been compromised and that they are going to close down my internet connection for security reasons. She then advises me to press 1 to speak to a technician which, of course, I never do.

This has been going on for months and my internet connection has yet to be shut down.

It is very annoying because there will be some old people(!) who believe every word and, consequently, will end up losing thousands of pounds in the process.

I'm sure that there could be much more done about these criminals but, unfortunately, our wonderful Mrs May seems more concerned about plastic bags and African dancing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top