Join for free
Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 12:24 AM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

Well you'll have to google it yourself, as I'm off to bed, but that's what they say https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/805366...-crane-lights/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Well you'll have to google it yourself, as I'm off to bed, but that's what they say https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/805366...-crane-lights/

OK. Thanks Ray.
Goodnight.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The idiots responsible are probably falling about laughing at all the disruption they are causing. What a joke!

When - and IF - they are caught, they'll be laughing yet again at the 'suspended sentences' our wonderful judges will hand down to them!
Many other countries are also laughing at this inefficiency and closure of the airport

In Russia, it would have been shot down safely in a minute in an area away from danger,
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:20 AM

It did say on the New that a damaged drone had been found by the perimeter fence ... and then it all went quiet!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 08:10 AM

I think their policy was to catch the operator, not just the drone - which is why it went on for so long. As for the "was it, wasn't it" - that seems to have been a misunderstanding between ministers and police............!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:06 AM

My sister made it to Madeira in time for Christmas ...it was chaos though and stressful.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Couple released without charge over Gatwick drone 'could win substantial payout'

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...n-libel-payout

The couple arrested and released without charge in relation to the Gatwick drone incident could win at least £75,000 from the newspapers who identified them, according to a leading libel lawyer.

Mark Stephens, head of media law at Howard Kennedy, said they had a strong legal case if they wished to pursue legal action. “Absent of a compelling reason and the police saying you can, you may no longer identify people who have been arrested.

“The damage is likely to be in the region of £75,000 to £125,000. It could be more when you total all of the news outlets, because each one is going to pay something for the damage it caused. I don’t see any lawyer who wouldn’t take it on a no-win-no-fee basis.”

Stephens said the case is the first major test of privacy law since Sir Cliff Richard’s landmark privacy victory against the BBC earlier this year, which set a higher bar for naming individuals who have been arrested but not charged.

Not all parts of the media named the couple, with most broadcasters and some national newspapers, including the Observer, deciding to stick to the police statement.

It is unclear whether the couple are currently planning legal action.
If I were them, I'd try for at least a million pounds .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Couple released without charge over Gatwick drone 'could win substantial payout'

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...n-libel-payout

If I were them, I'd try for at least a million pounds .....
Sack a few Police Commissioners and Chief Constables to pay for it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:17 PM

Amazing that we the tax payer will end up compensating folks for the whole debacle..... sigh
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:38 PM

Something odd about this story....
Will the whole story ever be made public?

Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top