Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Re: Duchess of Cambridge

A huge difference ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 02:22 PM

I agree with the comments that Kate is in a different position. She and William are clearly besotted with each other and I also think the close ages goes a long way. She is also from a loving and stable family so has no hang ups.

As for Charles and his wife, I will never accept them as King and Queen, her especially. Why Charles didn't marry her in the early years puzzles me: instead of embarking on an affair. Nobody would have got hurt. True we wouldn't have got William and Harry, two very fine boys I think. We could have ended up with mini Charles' and Camillas. Good grief, what a horrendous thought!!

I can't make up my mind about Kate yet but she AND her family always look like the cats who have got the cream!!! Just look at the permanent grins on their faces: all their Christmases have come at once.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 02:53 PM

And wouldn't we all do just that, imagine a lovely young man, seemingly very decent and kind and our girl is besotted as much with him as he is with her. She would never know another day of money worries in her life I think I would have the grin tattooed on my face all the time !
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 03:51 PM

Diana endeared herself to the public through her warmth and caring personality in spite of her other failings.

Kate was described as a 'shop window mannequin' with a 'perfect plastic smile and the spindles of her limbs hand-turned and gloss-varnished'

She is still a raw recruit and only time will tell.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Prersonally I prefer Kate to Diana, she seems more genuine to me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 04:03 PM

Amazing !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 04:12 PM

Diana wasn't the first woman to be nabbed by Royalty to produce healthy heirs to the throne. In the years that Charles met Camilla it was still a fuddy duddy kind of Royal world where the bride had to be unsullied on the wedding night and not a Catholic like Camilla is. I think it went downhill when Diana in Washington danced with John Travolta, did you see Charles face. He thought he should be the centre of attention and he never was when Diana was around. It was bound for failure. They did have two lovely sons.
Kate is equal to William in some ways as she gets attention from the crowds but so does William, and he doesn't look the jealous type as he is confidant and madly in love with Kate and she had 8 years of courtship to get to grips of what life with William would be like.
I think poor Diana was too young at 19 to meet Charles and he at 32 was more like a 60 year old man by then. So old fashioned and set in his own ways. I wish Kate and William all the best in their lives together. That's my opinion anyway.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 04:23 PM

Nice post Sandy ....
I really liked the time when Diana clopped a bottle over Charles' head and it smashed ... a 'prop' bottle of course ! She giggled more 'cos he was not amused really ....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Crikey plantman, that's quite a claim to make against her. Were you aware that on her wedding night, Charles read to her from one of his favourite books (described, at the time, like reading a child a bedtime story) then he cleared off and rang Camilla - on his wedding night! He continued to see Camilla throughout their marriage so if anyone was embarrassing the family, it was Charles. You can't blame Diana for looking elsewhere for love when Charles clearly didn't want to give that to her. Remember his comment when he was asked if he was in love with Diana? He replied 'whatever love is'. Not a nice man in my opinion and totally to blame for all that followed.
Diana knew exactly what she was getting into and it was obviously not a love match, even she couldn't have believed that Charles loved her.

She must have known that she was only there to breed healthy heirs and to her credit she carried out that duty well, but I believe being revered by the public as some sort of goddess was her downfall as she must have begun to believe her own publicity! She could have had a good life if only she had applied a little discretion and feminine guile, but she couldn't control that thirst for revenge. To go on national television to air their dirty washing was disgraceful, did she even consider her children?

To me she was the epitomy of a spoilt little rich girl, who didn't get her own way so threw all of her toys out of the pram and it literally destroyed her life. She was the absolute author of her own misfortune, but hell hath no fury they say...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote - 'She must have known !'....Really?
She had a rotten childhood, a rotten marriage - give the girl credit for being a warm lovely person and stop jumping to conclusions ....
She was driven to air her problems in public and actually i think we had the right to know !

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top