Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 02:02 PM

Re: Fake Fags

Remember nougat?
Guaranteed to keep any kid quiet as it cements the jaws together.
My mum gave me loads of that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Remember nougat?
It sure did - ah those were the days - quiet kiddies
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
The only problem I have with esmokers is the trend of the chargers causing fires. But then again, so can a careless cigarette.
You have examples of this phenomenon then Jazzi?

I have been using my Vaporisers for almost a year now and I do not use nicotine at all as I go for zero nicotine e-liquids.

I used it today - 1st time for 5 days - and I enjoy it but do not actually need it.

I find it is quite pleasant but it is not harmful to me now and, because I do behave responsibly, it is no more harmful to anyone else than plug-ins for scented house fragrances.

Perhaps someone will now say that they are also dangerous and we are forcing our nasty, unwanted habit of making our homes smell nice on others without their permission - naughy-naughty! stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 04:47 PM

I think Jazzi is right Steve I have read many articles about how they have caused fires or burned people. They are not all safe and like anything that heats if used badly can cause problems.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 04:55 PM

Are they the only chargers to have problems?
What about mobiles? Or any other product needing a charger.

I can remember thousands of dodgy battery packs in laptops years back and I can't recall anyone suggesting banning laptops.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think Jazzi is right Steve I have read many articles about how they have caused fires or burned people. They are not all safe and like anything that heats if used badly can cause problems.
They are safe Julie - its the owners that can't be bothered to use the proper charger for them - there are warnings that you have to use the correct charger ...........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do agree but I am not sure they have been around long enough to say they are harmless.

Which is exactly what I already said, so I agree Julie. Too many things have been created for us over the years, only to announce years later, it was a mistake. No doubt some even thought fags were safe once upon a time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 11:10 PM

Aye ... I can remember having sweeties once a week
Getting my weekly pocket money and scampering off to the corner shop for 4 black Jacks for a penny.

Bet you can't call them that now.

Wonder what the 'politically correct' name would have to be nowadays? Non-white Jacks?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-06-2015, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Which is exactly what I already said, so I agree Julie. Too many things have been created for us over the years, only to announce years later, it was a mistake. No doubt some even thought fags were safe once upon a time.
True - but compare the two and one does not have all the chemicals in that the other has .................For that reason - one is safer than the other ..........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 07:04 PM

Remember nougat?
Do I remember Nougat? will I ever forget it. I think about the times my brother and me used to get a bar of it each from an old Aunt every Saturday night when she came to visit, she knew what she was doing, there wouldn’t be a word out of the pair of us all night and she could get on with her yapping in peace.
I get a vision of an Elephant trying desperately to pull his front feet out of thick sticky mud after having his fill at an African watering hole, I wonder why do I see that every time I think of Nougat.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top