Join for free
Page 8 of 42 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

The only pattern I see ( and I’m talking worldwide as in ‘the western world )
Is , take for instance today on the radio I think it was the NZ PM said there are 200 ethnicities , 160 languages in NZ ... and I imagine today most countries are the same , there are schools in the uk with over 100 languages and no ‘english’ spoken .so Multiculturalism is indeed worldwide and dress it up however you wish and say it’s a great success and gives great diversity and all the other PC things one has to say these days but the elephant in the room is out of all these different ‘minorities’ it always seems to be Muslims ( Pardon the pun ) in the firing line ... now we’ve all seen radical Islam at work from the twin towers to indeed Afghanistan Iraq Syria etc , then we continually read of ‘life in Saudi ‘ etc and so whilst muslins often complain they only receive bad press I’m afraid the answer there has to be ‘ your the ones making the stories!’
The Chinese are settled throughout the globe , Irish , ozzi’s .. the list goes on , India has a huge presence everywhere too but and I accept il be receiving hate mail for saying it .. BUT all but one ‘race ‘ ( I accept Muslim isn’t a race but for arguments sake ) seems to intergrate nicely , they adopt the host nation in everything from dress code to laws but for some reason ( I’m presuming the reason is both Koran and culture) Muslims seem to insist on not only ‘invading ‘ another country but then making another mini whatever country they left in that country and that isn’t intergation , that’s being a cuckoo ..
we have 3rd or 4th generation British Muslims still wearing pyjamas , veils ... still not even able to speak English at all yet never even been out the country .. and Islam is to blame for that , a very extreme backward looking religion trying to live in a modern free thinking western society and whilst the politicians can say all the right things and call anyone a racist who talks about the elephant in the room one need only look at cities in the uk and Europe even as far north as Sweden to see today’s atrocity is nothing , absolutely NOTHING compared to the race riots that one day be it tomorrow or in a thousand tomorrows will rip right around the world because it’s always whitewashed over and never truly debated.

When in Rome springs to mind
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
No there hasn't Annie and you are quite right in saying the perpetrator is suffering from a form of insanity. Unfortunately technology supplies the ability to carry out hate. Both in weaponry and in communications. To see the love and compassion displayed to those affected, by those not of an Islamic pursuasion is most encouraging.
I can see from some of the posts above that some might be inclined to support some kind of revenge.
I didn't think there had been Ciderman. The NZ Premier gave an excellent speech about why New Zealand may have been targeted - the fact that it is so tolerant was abhorrent to the gunman.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/15/a...ntl/index.html

"we were not a target because we are a safe harbor for those who hate. We were not chosen for this act of violence because we condone racism, because we are an enclave for extremism. We were chosen for the very fact that we are none of these things. Because we represent diversity, kindness, compassion, a home for those who share our values, refuge for those who need it. And those values, I can assure you, will not, and cannot, be shaken by this attack."
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
This was not a muslim terrorist act AT it was an Australian man - a white man. How can anyone in such lovely countries as Australia and New Zealand get to be so rabidly far right wing and full of hatred beggars belief. A sad day indeed.

Yes, just an observation, lefties seem less inclined to bear arms, and, this atrocity ended with four arrests, not four corpses, says what a considered place New Zealand is.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 10:31 PM

It's like England used to be .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 10:33 PM

Yes, a long time ago.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 10:53 PM

England was never like New Zealand
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-03-2019, 10:56 PM

Not even in principal?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-03-2019, 11:00 PM

Wasn't it mainly Scots who initially moved there?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:00 PM

Mo Farrar has tweeted 'no one should fear going to a place of worship.
While I agree with him I would also say, no one should fear going to a music concert, no one should fear boarding a train, no one should fear going to work (twin towers) no soldier should fear walking down a street (Lee Rigby) the list is endless.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I think it's very simple why he did it - no in depth analysis req'd mate.
It is quite simply someone who has had enough of Islamic terrorists committing atrocities toward non Muslims, such as the Manchester incident etc.
It was revenge / payback. Kinda - how do you like it when it happens to you?
I agree. It will be interesting to hear why he did it.... we won't of course.

Page 8 of 42 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top