Join for free
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Re: Whats Next for Brexit ?

Gawd, I hope the EU rejects the request for an extension - I don't think the world should be subjected to another three months of this farce, it is unbearable.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:11 AM

I think they will insist on a two year extension
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 11:32 AM

With Brexit set to be delayed, what will happen to the range of commemorative 50p coins? The currency was set to be inscribed “Peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations 29 March 2019”. Pressed on what happened to those coins marked March 29, a Treasury spokesperson did not answer.

I wonder what wit came up with that inscription
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I think they will insist on a two year extension
You think it will take the house that long to accept the withdrawal deal that is presently on the table?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
With Brexit set to be delayed, what will happen to the range of commemorative 50p coins? The currency was set to be inscribed “Peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations 29 March 2019”. Pressed on what happened to those coins marked March 29, a Treasury spokesperson did not answer.

I wonder what wit came up with that inscription
It would be a sign of confidence if theresa may started circulating these coins on monday, prior to the vote on tuesday. Wouldn't it?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Or it may be that on march 21, the european commision, being fed up with the childish british behaviour, denies the UK any extension, long or short. Just to get clearity after two years of wasted talking.
Solash, Thank you for your thinking. I should imagine a great wedge of the 17.4 million Leave voters feel exactly as you do and are praying it will happen exactly as you say. Kick us out on 29th March 2019. Pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!.

It may be the final humiliation for Britain in the eyes of the rest of the world if they insist we get out ,but that's fine. Just let us get out,

Oh, and I'm sure you will have heard the old saying:

"Revenge is a dish best served Cold".
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:19 PM

I bet Eurovision is interesting this year
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
This lot make me laugh. Every year for decades,we have been one of the major payers into it, but it wouldn't matter if our entry made the number one spot in every European country prior to the show, they would still not give us any points beyond 4!! We are after all, the pariah in Europe.

We also don't play underhanded tricks like voting for their next door neighbouring country as all the other participating countries seem to do. (especially the Baltic, Scandinavian, Norwegian and Med countries). It's a complete farce as far as scoring goes, but I still enjoy watching it for the sheer entertainment.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Eurovision is never, ever "interesting".

It's just crap.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-03-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Oh, and I'm sure you will have heard the old saying:

"Revenge is a dish best served Cold".
If it is true what some on this forum state, that brexit will hurt the EU just as hard, who do you think the 27 will blame? Who will they want to get even with?

Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top