Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,383
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 09:21 AM
21

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It was established in national laboratories that the disease was transferable between species in experiments on live animals

For obvious reasons they have not conducted the same experiments on human subjects but there was sufficient visual evidence on sample brain tissue to determine a high probability of a causal link

As I said if you want absolute proof there is no link then offer yourself as a test subject
Voi la !

and as a result the EC blocked our exports (including our derivative products, leather, milk, butter ) - forced us to slaughter our animals (even the healthy ones) and only about a year ago was the ban lifted.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 17,528
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 09:42 AM
22

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Hi

A little bit of research before you post would be to your advantage.

The link between vCJD and BSE has been established by the two best regarded State Laboratories in the Western World.

Porton Down and CDC.

Published Papers have shown a definitive link using the Western blot Method.

This is an Internationally recognised test, two tests in different labs showed 100% similarity between the BSE and vCJD prions.

The same tests in the same labs showed that the BSE and vCJD prions were different to the Human CJD prion.

If you are now claiming that an Internationally Approved test, is wrong and cannot be relied upon, this is huge news.

You should publish a paper.

Such a discovery would be worthy of a Nobel Prize.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 17,528
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 09:52 AM
23

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Voi la !

and as a result the EC blocked our exports (including our derivative products, leather, milk, butter ) - forced us to slaughter our animals (even the healthy ones) and only about a year ago was the ban lifted.
Hi

65 Countries imposed bans.

Such is the scale of the problem here in the UK there are still bans in force abroad for anyone who spent 6 months in the UK during the years of the outbreak from giving blood.

You are wrong, again, in your statement that the EU only removed the ban about a year ago.

The EU lifted the ban in 2006.

France, using it's derogation, continued it.
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,383
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 10:37 AM
24

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

65 Countries imposed bans.

Such is the scale of the problem here in the UK there are still bans in force abroad for anyone who spent 6 months in the UK during the years of the outbreak from giving blood.

You are wrong, again, in your statement that the EU only removed the ban about a year ago.

The EU lifted the ban in 2006.

France, using it's derogation, continued it.

I never said the whole of the EU had the ban. France, funnily enough, conveniently ignored the problem in their country. There were still countries willing to buy our beef but the EU banned that as well.

Why incinerate our healthy animals under instruction from the commission ? Even cattle 30 months old and over had to be destroyed and incinerated. Why ban the export of our leather products, milk and dairy ?

Anyway, as for donating blood - you are correct, but again, where is the scientific evidence that nvCJD comes from infected cattle ? I can tell you some real horror stories about infected blood plasma from some of the places I've worked and it's nothing to do with BSE.

As a side note, did you know that the USA only have blood from Americans and the most expensive blood (at the time I was working on plasma products) is German ?

Hmmm
Reply With Quote
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 631
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 10:48 AM
25

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I never said the whole of the EU had the ban. France, funnily enough, conveniently ignored the problem in their country. There were still countries willing to buy our beef but the EU banned that as well.

Why incinerate our healthy animals under instruction from the commission ? Even cattle 30 months old and over had to be destroyed and incinerated. Why ban the export of our leather products, milk and dairy ?

Anyway, as for donating blood - you are correct, but again, where is the scientific evidence that nvCJD comes from infected cattle ? I can tell you some real horror stories about infected blood plasma from some of the places I've worked and it's nothing to do with BSE.

As a side note, did you know that the USA only have blood from Americans and the most expensive blood (at the time I was working on plasma products) is German ?

Hmmm
Seems that evidence was found in 1996

https://mrc.ukri.org/news/blog/behin...from-wordpress
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is offline
United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,383
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 11:11 AM
26

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Seems that evidence was found in 1996

https://mrc.ukri.org/news/blog/behin...from-wordpress
It says in the article "it looks similar" - that is not proof.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,826
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
12-07-2019, 11:57 AM
27

Re: BBC2 9pm Tonight - The BSE Crisis

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Seems that evidence was found in 1996

https://mrc.ukri.org/news/blog/behin...from-wordpress
Scientific evidence often eludes the lay public. It opens possibilities for scaremongers and conspiracy theorists. On this forum bread would be a sure candidate for that. Has he already started spreading? 🤓
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.