Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:29 AM

Re: Wills and Executors

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Spend it all, best you can do for the next generation is Leave the them nothing to argue, or worry about.
That's actually a good idea.

Money brings the worst out in people it can get really ugly
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Spend it all, best you can do for the next generation is Leave the them nothing to argue, or worry about.
Good idea but how do you spend a house, which is the biggest asset many of us have?

I have been thinking all this over myself recently but there seems no way round it. Any ideas anyone?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 10:13 AM

It's true about people and money.....I was cheated out of an inheritance left to me by my aunty....she was a sweet naive lady who took advice from a relative who helped her write her will.....she told me what she wanted but unfortunately what was written down was very different....I know she would have been so upset at what happened after her death....she was a lovely lady.

I have two children so it's easy both are executors and whatever I have will be split equally.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I have two children so it's easy both are executors and whatever I have will be split equally.
We are the same Summer - our sons are executors and everything will be divided between them.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 11:23 AM

I ,as one without family am hoping that one I have in mind to ask to be an executor is capable of detachment , efficient as a secretary to carry out the duties required and without thought of gain from the situation .
Having a paid up funeral plan with instructions means that part of the required job will be easy .
Times have changed such as this ? My parents never discussed matters surrounding death ,ever let alone funerals.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are so, so wrong.

My Dad thought the same as you, still a disaster years later.

He has over £8k in an RBS Account which they are still refusing to release.
Re your reply to Muddy’s post .If you have the death certificate why are they refusing to release the money in the account ?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Re your reply to Muddy’s post .If you have the death certificate why are they refusing to release the money in the account ?
It is not sufficient to just have the death certificate, Banks need to see a will and also evidence that the person who wishes to access the account has the authority to do so (e.g. named as executor and obtained probate (where appropriate). The bank will also need to establish whether there are debts and taxes due against the estate. It can get quite complicated sometimes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are so, so wrong.

My Dad thought the same as you, still a disaster years later.

He has over £8k in an RBS Account which they are still refusing to release.
No I am not wrong I have been an executor on two occasions .
You need a copy of the Grant of probate .
If the bank are hanging onto the money they must give good reasons .
Something is obviously amiss.
£8000 is a relatively small amount and the banks might even waive the grant of probate if given proof of death and the right of the person to inherit .
Zuleika
North West UK

16-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
How do you reimburse an executor for their services ?
Do you give them a financial gift upfront?
Or ?
So now I’m rearranging things .
One of the executors will be the main beneficiary but my skilled in practical matters second newly chosen one will probably be doing the hard work .
How to word the will bequesting a sum of money for this one and how much is proving difficult for me to work out .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:55 AM

Make it easy for your executors .
Put your affairs in order .

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top