Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Re: Wills and Executors

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
How do you reimburse an executor for their services ?
Do you give them a financial gift upfront?
Or ?

to put your mind at rest, an executor can only claim for out of pocket expenses from the estate , such as transport cost -postage for example. it is up to the beneficiary if they want to give something
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Our children are our executors and get everything when my husband and I kick the bucket.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 11:31 AM

This is usual .
But not everyone has children .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Re executors can only claim expenses ?

So put yourself in my position , the executor doing all the arranging and paperwork needs to be reimbursed for time and expenses , but I want to bequeath a gift of money too .
How much would YOU think a reasonable sum ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 02:36 PM

So put yourself in my position , the executor doing all the arranging and paperwork needs to be reimbursed for time and expenses PLUS a gift of money ,in my opinion .
it all depends on how simple or complicated the will is. It is impossible to give any idea . A straight forward "leave to" type of will is obviously easy.

One that has trust funds to set up dealing with shares and stock brokers and involves solicitors for the legal work.

Or consider a house sale is involved with estate agents solicitors etc is going to take a lot more work for an executor to deal with

Then again finding people named as beneficiaries who may have moved -died would cost paying researchers in an effort to find them

An executor of a will is usually considered by the person who has passed away a close friend or relative and not expect them to be on the make, only to cover their expenses.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 02:52 PM

Re executors can only claim expenses ?

So put yourself in my position , the executor doing all the arranging and paperwork needs to be reimbursed for time and expenses , but I want to bequeath a gift of money too .
How much do you like them ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-07-2019, 02:57 PM

Muddy
An executor is there to carry on the deceased persons wish. It is not up to them to bequeath any money from the estate.

If it is the executors own money they wish to give in memory then nothing wrong doing that

As to how much? that depends on the relationship be it friend or relative and how much they think of the deceased person

My sister and I are still having to deal with our parents last wishes and they passed back in the1980's, all to do with trust funds and thieving appointed solicitors
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How much do you like them ?
Wouldnt have chosen her if I didn’t like her and trust in her skills .
The main beneficiary will be a long time companion .
No properties to dispose of so such an uncomplicated will .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Wouldnt have chosen her if I didn’t like her and trust in her skills .
The main beneficiary will be a long time companion .
No properties to dispose of so such an uncomplicated will .
in that case just registering the death and distributing as per will wont cost that much.

If arranging a funeral cost and wake was incurred it all adds up to making a legitimate claim. The actual cost of the funeral usually comes out of the estate.

The real people to ask are funeral directors, they are answering these type of question day in day out
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:41 PM

My husband and I don't wish to have any money wasted on funerals for us, straight to the crem, end of story.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top