Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Re: Bowel Cancer

I had no other symptoms apart from seeing some blood in the loo one day.
No pain tiredness or anything else.
It happened again 3 or 4 days later and that was it, I was straight to the doctors. Never ignore any possible symptoms - earlier they catch it the better.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I heard Deborah James talking on Womans Hour this week.

Last Monday was the second anniversary of the death of my niece's young husband to bowel cancer. She was left a widow with three sons .

Who would have thought the previous summer when they went on a family trip to the USA that M would be dead in less than a year. He thought the change of food while they were away caused constipation so didn't bother seeing a doctor for a while when they came home, by the time he saw a doctor and got a diagnosis it was too late.

Any change it bowel habits is certainly worth discussing with a doctor, better to be cautious than too late .
I couldn't agree more Meg! I would say to anybody, who is embarrassed about discussing it with their doctor, they have seen & heard it all before & know the consequences of finding it too late.... so please don't hope it is nothing important... go and find out
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Hi

We all poo, if we did not, we would explode.

Go and get it sorted, simple as.

I bleed from time to time, top and bottom, but not Cancer, previous injuries.

You need a sense of humour on this.

I was recently given appointments from a camera down the top and one up my bum at the same time on the same day.

I asked if I could have a video of both, a You Tube Sensation of them meeting in the middle.

One was hastily rearranged.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:48 PM

When my Dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer back in 1945 there was virtually no treatment at all. He was sent home and was nursed by my Mum up until 1947 when he died. If you are at all concerned about ANYTHING below the waist, get it checked out NOW Don't wait.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 06:53 PM

Well found, Judd.

Colonoscopies are not a pleasant experiences. I've had quite a few. For ulcerative colitis. But yes, the bloody poos and frequent trips to the loo, eight times or more per day, can't be ignored.
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:10 PM

Sadly my mum died from bowel cancer just 6 yrs ago, she had been 'unwell' for quite a while but nothing showed in bloods, or stool sample,

A couple months later there was blood in the stool and she was rushed in, they found a cancerous tumor, operated but sadly other problems set in and a couple mths on she passed.

Key point is.....early detection = treatment = full recovery !

Dr's can only do the tests and if nothing shows An mri would give a certain, definative answer. So if one isnt offered 'ask' for one !

Thank you judd for this thread, this is very important,

cancer is no joke and this type of test can put people off getting treated early.....

whats a few minutes, the nurses are fantastic in there,
and lets face it, the Dr's have seen that many arses, seen one seen em all !

No need to be embarrassed.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top