Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:13 PM

Re: Election Gerrymandering

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'll ask my family in law. I'm from surinam, a former colonie of the netherlands, and have a different view on that.
But I know many dutch are very grateful to your grandparents who had a lot of courage. I wouldn't be that sure of your grandparents grandchildren. They seem rather soft and given to moaning instead of actions.

It should be remembered that despite the 24-hour coverage of brexit in the UK, most europeans are barely aware, if aware at all, of brexit. That includes many in the countries likely to be most-negatively affected. The consequences of a no deal brexit will be an unexpected shock to large numbers of people, and those who are affected and who saw their country and themselves as close allies of the UK, such as the dutch, will be the most hostile. Mark Rutte, the dutch pm, is prominent right now in his open criticisms of the UK precisely because he is aware of what will likely play out, and he doesn’t want to be seen by his citizens as having been in the lead-up either supine or unconcerned.
Err, not our grandparents,in most cases here our parents, cousins, uncles, aunts, and siblings.

As for people being adversely affected by our escape from the horrible undemocratic corrupt EU, basically tough.

It's OUR nation that matters, let others either put up with the EU or take themselves out too.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Err, not our grandparents,in most cases here our parents, cousins, uncles, aunts, and siblings.

As for people being adversely affected by our escape from the horrible undemocratic corrupt EU, basically tough.

It's OUR nation that matters, let others either put up with the EU or take themselves out too.
Sorry, hadn't realised you are in your eighties.

Of course we will put up with the EU, even if it is not flawless. However, since you want to negotiate a trade agreement after brexit, it is not wise to alienate the people you need to close a deal with.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Sorry, hadn't realised you are in your eighties.

Of course we will put up with the EU, even if it is not flawless. However, since you want to negotiate a trade agreement after brexit, it is not wise to alienate the people you need to close a deal with.
Not 80's, 70's

Trade deals? Look, when push comes to shove with our economy positioned as it is it's the EU that will benefit from any advantages, not us. All we stand to gain is a slightly wider range of fooddtuffs and not a lot more.

Our motor industry comprises of mostly CKD or substantially CKD vehicles, we do have other physical products but there is a world market for them.

Our financial sector is substantial and the EU certainly is a key area but when freed from the constraints of the EU legislation the world is out salt-water bivalve mollusc when we provide the tax haven we will then be able to do --- and will do.

When what has mutated into the POS it now is was a trading bloc it benefited each member. Now it does not. It benefits France and Germany and the ECB.

If the infamous ECB were it to be a bank in any other country in the world, well maybe other than those in sub-Saharan Africa and some crap holes in South America, it would have been long closed by any half decent banking regulator.

There are a number of people, mostly closely associated with the Conservative party who will take a hit, a BIG hit, but the UK will not.

So the EU can stuff it's trade deal blackmail where the sun don't shine.

The UK REALLY doesn't need it and actually ANYTHING that ties us in any way to the EU will be to our disadvantage.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Not 80's, 70's

So the EU can stuff it's trade deal blackmail where the sun don't shine.

The UK REALLY doesn't need it and actually ANYTHING that ties us in any way to the EU will be to our disadvantage.
Well old swashbuckler, have to admire your bravado in going to your final battle. Pity you take the future of the young generation with you in your grave.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-06-2019, 08:12 PM

Well old swashbuckler, have to admire your bravado in going to your final battle. Pity you take the future of the young generation with you in your grave.
LOL!

Look, we bred 'em, we fed 'em, we clothed 'em, we wiped their arses, in fact we did everything for them

As a result we own the very air they breath.

We also have the responsibility to ensure they have the most opportunistic future and stop them making a terrible mistake having been seduced by the EU propaganda.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 08:23 PM

A lot of the younger generation voted leave. A lot didn't bother to vote at all.

Your assumptions are getting more and more hysterical by the day.

If I were you I would draw up a plan to limit the collateral damage that Holland will face thanks to the stupidity of your unelected masters and the jug eared idiot from Ireland (who is most likely only trying to impress his Britain hating mummy and daddy and the rest of the failures in the European union)
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-06-2019, 08:53 PM

LOL!

Look, we bred 'em, we fed 'em, we clothed 'em, we wiped their arses, in fact we did everything for them

As a result we own the very air they breath.

We also have the responsibility to ensure they have the most opportunistic future and stop them making a terrible mistake having been seduced by the EU propaganda.
I'm so glad your young generation is so docile to accept your ruling. That is probably what makes them such great dupes for the EU. You have done well in kneeding and forming them in that shape. I think we owe you a thank you for that.
Here the young have a mind of their own. They are not always right in their decisions and opinions, but they are raised in the freedom to learn from their mistakes.
Your way is so much better. Why should they need to learn, if all they have to do is follow your ways. What was right for you and your parents, is right for you and your grandchildren. Neh?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 09:05 PM

I'm so glad your young generation is so docile to accept your ruling. That is probably what makes them such great dupes for the EU. You have done well in kneeding and forming them in that shape. I think we owe you a thank you for that.
Here the young have a mind of their own. They are not always right in their decisions and opinions, but they are raised in the freedom to learn from their mistakes.
Your way is so much better. Why should they need to learn, if all they have to do is follow your ways. What was right for you and your parents, is right for you and your grandchildren. Neh?

Theres loads if that freedom to learn in Amsterdam.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-06-2019, 10:55 PM

For the most part, yes. My granddaughter has done a complete volte-face about her firmly held belief about the EU. She's 21 and in the final year of a law degree and a more pro-eu committed Remainers be hard to find.

She had all the pro-eu arguments, her personal future in a single Europe, the benefit to everybody to live in a single soon-to-be United States of Europe, the unity is strength thing, the sharing of prosperity equally --- in short the full nine yards.

Mostly I listened might the occasional harumph but not much more, I just let her educate me.

But now everything has changed as she looked into what she had previously accepted at face value.

The way that the Commission works in conjunction with the European parliament. The internal dynamics of the EU Animal Farm but without the good bits. The shocking truth about the ECB and how it is used as a cudgel to control and dominate member states and so much more.

And she is by no means alone. Once again kids are learning that the doddering old oxygen thieves are not the twats they thought.

Perhapse the young folk in Britain are much more able to engage in applying reason based on what they have taken the trouble to learn for themselves than some of the Dutch young folk just swallowed the pro-eu bullshit hook line and sinker.

Add to that the delay caused by the British Conservative party screwing up BREXIT has let them see what an intransigent corrupt thing that is the essence and heart of the EU and review their opinion?

Never mind, soon the EU will be isolated!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-06-2019, 03:24 PM

For the most part, yes. My granddaughter has done a complete volte-face about her firmly held belief about the EU. She's 21 and in the final year of a law degree and a more pro-eu committed Remainers be hard to find.

She had all the pro-eu arguments, her personal future in a single Europe, the benefit to everybody to live in a single soon-to-be United States of Europe, the unity is strength thing, the sharing of prosperity equally --- in short the full nine yards.

Mostly I listened might the occasional harumph but not much more, I just let her educate me.

But now everything has changed as she looked into what she had previously accepted at face value.

The way that the Commission works in conjunction with the European parliament. The internal dynamics of the EU Animal Farm but without the good bits. The shocking truth about the ECB and how it is used as a cudgel to control and dominate member states and so much more.

And she is by no means alone. Once again kids are learning that the doddering old oxygen thieves are not the twats they thought.

Perhapse the young folk in Britain are much more able to engage in applying reason based on what they have taken the trouble to learn for themselves than some of the Dutch young folk just swallowed the pro-eu bullshit hook line and sinker.

Add to that the delay caused by the British Conservative party screwing up BREXIT has let them see what an intransigent corrupt thing that is the essence and heart of the EU and review their opinion?

Never mind, soon the EU will be isolated!
If this summer Our Future Our Choice should be in the vicinity, let her visit. Don't go with her, so she needn't be afraid of you and your fuming.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top