Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 03:00 PM

camera sensor cleaning

I always clean by own camera sensor, but having the right tools makes it a lot easier. The best way to check is by using a "Loupe" , may be a bit expensive at the outset but using it over the years has save me a fortune in professional cleaning, let alone being without a camera. Also having an "Arctic Butterfly" to attract the dust off a sensor is way far better than any blower. Of course for more stubborn dust/marks then the use of swabs and extreme such on dirt cleaning fluid.

Cost wise this kit in a presentation box from a camera show 10 years ago cost me £115. Then number of times I have cleaned my cameras has more than paid for itself.

Doing it yourself you know that no "muppet" has damaged/ failed to clean properly

Arctic butterfly spins at high speed and after about 5 seconds builds up static electricity to attract dust, so just switch it off before using brush

Seeing sensor thru Loupe to check for dust/dirt

TracyG
Scotland
TracyG is female 

22-06-2019, 05:59 PM

Re: camera sensor cleaning

I'm afraid I left all the camera care to my hubby as it was his 'toy'. I guess, if I decide to venture into learning how to use the darn thing then maybe finding out how to keep it clean should also feature in my 'to do' list
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Re: camera sensor cleaning

Originally Posted by TracyG ->
I'm afraid I left all the camera care to my hubby as it was his 'toy'. I guess, if I decide to venture into learning how to use the darn thing then maybe finding out how to keep it clean should also feature in my 'to do' list
Learn how to use it. Or just use it anyway.

A camera with 100,000 clicks on the clock ought not to need a wet sensor clean unless it's had numerous lens changes in damp dirty conditions. A speck of dust will normally remain unnoticed, if not, you can blow it off.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top