Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 05:56 PM

Cleaning Carpets and Rugs

The dogs go back permanently to my daughter this Monday.

During the last month Diego has gone very possessive over me.
I think hes just realised that my daughter has a new man in her life and hes jealous of the new boyfriend.
The other thing he has started doing is peeing on the carpet. The dog not the boyfriend.

As soon as I find it I apply lots of very thick absorbent kitchen roll which soaks it up straight away. However theses were brand new carpets and I wanted to get them cleaned properly.
On the internet they say dont use steam cleaners.

Has anyone had their carpets, rugs cleaned professionally and what do the company use?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:28 PM

Re: Cleaning Carpets and Rugs

WE have a vax carpet cleaner which does the job. It is big and heavy but does the job Nothing to stop you hiring one
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:37 PM

It depends what your carpet is made of.
If it is one of those expensive Indian rugs made of natural material or any carpet made of natural fabric(s) then a steam cleaner can shrink it.
It’s difficult giving advance without knowing what it’s made from.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 05:37 AM

Thankyou.
One of the companies I left a message with have messaged me to say they will call round on Monday to give me quote.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:25 AM

Made me laugh when you said it wasn't the boyfriend that peed on the carpet, glad to hear it lol

I ve got laminate so if my pooch pees it's so easy to clean up.

My dad had his Wilton carpet cleaned professionally recently and it came up lovely, I think they used steam cleaner though .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 08:24 AM

I bought two Vax shampooers when Holly was a pup. The first is the upright one, but that is only useful for slight stains. And then I got the heavy round one with better attachments for getting down on hands and knees and giving them a good thorough clean. Used the latter one the other week when she went to daycare, to do the bedroom carpet which shows up the most, and my armchair.

Hard work but gratifying.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:44 AM

Can't you hire a carpet cleaner from your local supermarket? I don't think they are steam but they supply all the cleaning fluids etc and I have been told they do a very good job and the carpet is nearly dry afterwards. (I have never used one - I don't have carpets)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:49 AM

One of our members hired one once and she said it was filthy.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top