Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 11:46 AM

Wills and Executors

How do you reimburse an executor for their services ?
Do you give them a financial gift upfront?
Or ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 11:58 AM

Re: Wills and Executors

They are usually a family member .
If a friend they may do it for friendship .
If they are a solicitor they will charge for their services .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
How do you reimburse an executor for their services ?
Do you give them a financial gift upfront?
Or ?
How about a percentage of the Estate? Percentage to be determined by yourself in your Will.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes, and do they know how to charge for their services! Recent inquiries revealed £200 an hour PLUS a percentage of the final Estate! Imagine just how many hours it might take to sort out the Estate of the average person!

A nice little earner some would say!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes a family member might but think of all the hours put into this ? Maybe involving a good few car journeys , clearing out of the deceased’s home just two examples .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 12:26 PM

They may just employ someone to do it and charge to the estate .

Best thing is to make sure your affairs are in order so they don't have to do that .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 12:48 PM

I'm lucky. Older sis, who is due to get a percentage, and her eldest daughter, are my executors.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 12:54 PM

I'm the executor of Dads will, something we had to discuss, it's not a nice discussion to have but essential. Dad has left plenty of instructions for me to follow after he has passed He is very organised.
Zuleika
North West UK

28-06-2019, 01:01 PM

I don’t have family so my executors are going to have to be friends .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 01:08 PM

It came as a shock to me when finding Mum's Will after she passed away, to discover I was sole executor, out of her 4 children. It seems this possibly came about after a conversation with older sister who had praised my honesty and integrity, and who possibly put me forward for the job. None of my siblings offered any help and goodness it was hard work, even though it was straight forward.

So at least my older sister and her daughter had had a discussion before putting themselves forward to be named as MY executors. Until then I was afraid to make up my Will as I didn't have them in place.

I WAS able to deal with everything (Mum's), but it took time and patience. I think two family members should be asked and entrusted. I'd hate a solicitor to take a huge cut of any estate.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 02:26 PM

I was an executor for my BIL, never saw his will nor did my sister who was also executor.
I didn't have to do anything my other BIL sorted it all out.
I always thought executors made sure the will was dealt with properly etc.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top