Join for free
Page 17 of 24 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:27 PM

Re: Brexit and Boris.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well by posting the following on the 25 reasons to leave the EU thread you've proven that you don't want a complete break : "The most successful nations in Europe aren’t in the EU. Switzerland, with 8 million population, and Norway with 5 million, are far more wealthy people than any EU nation, and don’t have the Euro or its problems."
Finally, it is important to stress that the much bigger impact on the UK economy from a possible future deepening of the eurozone crisis comes from the inter-connectedness between the UK's and the eurozone's economies through our trade with them and banking, rather than the money provided for bailouts.

If the eurozone was to collapse, the negative economic impact would be felt in the UK regardless of whether it is in or out of the EU.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics...endum-36456277
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Finally, it is important to stress that the much bigger impact on the UK economy from a possible future deepening of the eurozone crisis comes from the inter-connectedness between the UK's and the eurozone's economies through our trade with them and banking, rather than the money provided for bailouts.

If the eurozone was to collapse, the negative economic impact would be felt in the UK regardless of whether it is in or out of the EU.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics...endum-36456277
Ofcourse it would.

But we wouldn't be bankrupt with zero credit rating.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

|A week today we will know if he is the new PM.

If he is he has to deliver on his promises.

If he does not, out he goes.
Now you and apparently other citizens are getting so harsh on boris, the EU takes pity on him. They offer to help him stay in the saddle, oh irony!
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...no-deal-brexit
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Now you and apparently other citizens are getting so harsh on boris, the EU takes pity on him. They offer to help him stay in the saddle, oh irony!
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...no-deal-brexit
Hi

I have always been hard on Boris, a member of the Political Elite, a rich kid who will say or do anything to become Prime Minister.

He is a proven liar, been sacked twice for lying, complained bitterly about the Withdrawal Agreement, but has voted for it.

He is an unprincipled incompetent.

A man who has nothing at all in common with ordinary people. who said 200,000 a year was peanuts.

He is as two faced as Corbyn and is proposing to borrow more than Corbyn and to give tax cuts to the top 10%.

A man who proposed giving an amnesty to the 600,000 illegals here.

He is a glorious example of why we need a complete overhaul of our Political System.

I simply do not trust him.

I will not vote Conservative or Labour, a choice between two we do not deserve, Boris and Corbyn.

I will vote for Farage.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:35 PM

They are all complete con artists Swimmy. I would love to take a broom and do a complete cleanout of both houses. History will certainly hold them to account, but unfortunately, it doesn't help us in the present.
The only way the rest of the country can ever be truly represented and listened to is by proportional representation. But that is like asking for pie-in-the-sky.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I will not vote Conservative or Labour, a choice between two we do not deserve, Boris and Corbyn.

I will vote for Farage.
I agree in part.

I have said many times that my vote in the next GE will go to Farage, and my reasons have been stated here and must be well known to those who read my posts.

However, should Boris manage to get us out of the EU completely without any 'deals' and without paying the EU's £39 billion ransom, I might be persuaded to vote Conservative.

Unfortunately, it seems highly unlikely that the latter will actually happen.
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

21-07-2019, 08:54 PM

Ah, someone who does not admire the talent of Beethoven. I think I know a term for that level of ignorant tastelessness.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-07-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Simple fact for you to digest. Boris lied and your assertion that he was talking about “real” free ports is only conjecture and not fact as he made no such qualification, just grow a pair and accept the empirical truth of what Boris actually said

Furthermore, Boris’s acceptance of a £25k donation from the owners of the Bristol port 6 weeks before backing a a policy that would increase their profits of free ports seriously brings his morals and ethics into question as he had previously made no mention of free ports. It make “cash for questions” pale into insignificance

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...x-cuts-3061324
Perhaps the arguments for this case are to be found here?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9018866.html
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

24-07-2019, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You will want to memorise that tune so you can teach your kids it. Thats the anthem they will be marching to in the EU Army when they are ordered by the Germans to go and nuke Israel.
Holy ****. I’ve just skipped back a few posts and seen this utterly horrific post from Bread. This is beyond shameful. Sir, you should never ever post this evil. Shame on you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
Holy ****. I’ve just skipped back a few posts and seen this utterly horrific post from Bread. This is beyond shameful. Sir, you should never ever post this evil. Shame on you.
Oh dear. Too near the truth, eh?

Page 17 of 24 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top