Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 08:43 PM

Re: Boris v Hunt? My prediction!

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Further proof (as if it was needed) that Jeremy Hunt is a closet remainer is that he has John Major's support. You remember him? He that signed the Maastricht Treaty without so much as a by your leave whereas other countries (France, Ireland and Denmark) had a referendum on the issue.

The Danes voted against it's ratification by 50.7% against 49.3% (hmm.. why do those figures seem so familiar?) Only when a further referendum by the Danes after alterations were made was the Treaty ratified by them. The French vote very narrowly (50.8%) was in favour.

I have to ask, why were we British not allowed a vote on a treaty even though there was a "clear constitutional rationale for requiring a referendum”. Major effectively tied the UK to the monstrosity that the EU would become. I'm not surprised he's in favour of keeping us tied to the EU, it's his baby.
Clearly, the attempts to overturn our democracy have been doing on for longer than I thought.

Of course, I haven't trusted our PMs, or any of our MPs, since Maggie was stabbed in the back.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have to ask, why were we British not allowed a vote on a treaty even though there was a "clear constitutional rationale for requiring a referendum”. Major effectively tied the UK to the monstrosity that the EU would become. I'm not surprised he's in favour of keeping us tied to the EU, it's his baby.
Indeed.

The UK people were sold down the river by fraudulent politicians working for the EU. Freemasons, Common Purpose operatives, drafting treaties behind closed doors and never giving the populous any choice, any referendum.

The ability to vote at General Elections affords us nothing at all. It is a corrupt devisive system creating just the illusion of democracy. All parties work for the EU and our parliament is infested with EU operatives imho.

Whoever we vote into power, those people just continue the EU agenda.

We HAVE to change the political system itself.

We HAVE to reinstate the British Constitution properly, in law to ensure that no politician can ever again sell the country or its judicial system down the river to a foreign power.

We are miles away from any of this. We are still under the control of fraudulent politicians and the EU. The referendum has not changed anything. The system is still in place. The EU will not allow us to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Indeed.

The UK people were sold down the river by fraudulent politicians working for the EU. Freemasons, Common Purpose operatives, drafting treaties behind closed doors and never giving the populous any choice, any referendum.

The ability to vote at General Elections affords us nothing at all. It is a corrupt devisive system creating just the illusion of democracy. All parties work for the EU and our parliament is infested with EU operatives imho.

Whoever we vote into power, those people just continue the EU agenda.

We HAVE to change the political system itself.

We HAVE to reinstate the British Constitution properly, in law to ensure that no politician can ever again sell the country or its judicial system down the river to a foreign power.

We are miles away from any of this. We are still under the control of fraudulent politicians and the EU. The referendum has not changed anything. The system is still in place. The EU will not allow us to leave.

I'm putting my faith in the Brexit Party.

Even if they should form a working majority in the Commons, there is still the undoubted possibility that they, too, might be infiltrated.

I'm afraid that we no longer enjoy living in a democracy.

There is even a distinct possibility that the 'Fourth Reich' might succeed where its predecessors have failed: a European superstate.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Even if they should form a working majority in the Commons, there is still the undoubted possibility that they, too, might be infiltrated.
Yep I believe you have arrived at the truth

Our political system is a sham. Any party can advertise themselves any way they like including outright lying about things they will achieve that are patently unachievable e.g. Commie Corbyn duping students about wiping debts and free tuition fees.

So in effect we have no choices at all. We are asked to simply arbitrarily vote for A PARTY. It doesn't matter who that party is, because that's all the vote achieves.

No party that is elected is required morally or legally to perform the things it said it would do. Once elected he ruling elite simply carry on as they were already doing.

The system must change and people must be given a vote not on political parties, but on the real choices and issues that face the country. i.e. A Referendum system.

A system in which we don't care who fronts the politics, where it dosn't matter who the PM is, but a system where the people get to vote on the issues, for example:

- Should we have HS2?
- Should we extend Gatwick or Heathrow?
- What should we do with the NHS?
- How should we control immigration?
- What wars should we get involved in?
- Should we keep the BBC or abolish the TV license?
- Should we adopt the EU fishing quota system?

and so on

The current political system is a farce. There is no actual democracy and people are simply dumbed down, duped and brainwashed by the media to accept that non democractic situation.

As a result we have been purposefully sold down the river into the thoroughly undemocratic EU federal state which is heading towards totalitarianism.

Things have to change.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Hi

I have no faith in Boris at all.

I will be voting for Farage at the next General Election.

We need to change the system.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 10:59 AM

If this thread is about predicting who will win the current Tory Leadership election by Tory Party Members, I think Johnson will win.

I don’t think he will win because I want him to - I have a very low opinion of his talents and trustworthiness - but what he lacks in detail and actual performance, he makes up for in shrewdness of reading public opinion and telling people what they want to hear. Whatever his shortcomings, the majority of the Tory Party membership seem to lap up his airy promises that he can deliver everything they want in the way of Brexit and that is really what this leadership contest has boiled down to.

Personally, I’m glad I don’t get a vote because I wouldn’t want to vote for either of them, for different reasons, but if I was really pushed to choose the least worst, I think Hunt would make a better Party Leader and PM than Johnson.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
A system in which we don't care who fronts the politics, where it dosn't matter who the PM is, but a system where the people get to vote on the issues, for example:
I found these quite interesting and would like to insert my opinions for each:

- Should we have HS2?

No.

- Should we extend Gatwick or Heathrow?

Neither. A new airport to the east of London.

- What should we do with the NHS?

Refuse any treatment, other than emergency treatment, to any non-British people.
Create a system of small charges to deter time-wasters, refundable if valid needs.

- How should we control immigration?

No immigration apart from those people we need. All illegal immigrants repatriated.

- What wars should we get involved in?

None, other than any which threaten ourselves or our close allies.

- Should we keep the BBC or abolish the TV license?

The BBC should no longer be state-funded and all TV licenses abolished. They should compete on a level ground with other TV companies.

- Should we adopt the EU fishing quota system?

No. Our fishing grounds are our own and should be subject to no rules other than our own.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-07-2019, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no faith in Boris at all.

I will be voting for Farage at the next General Election.

We need to change the system.
Me too.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
IMO, if Hunt wins, we will get more of the same as the last 3 yrs, until time runs out. He's not a leader , and is hardly likely to pull the party together again. Boris, at least has a degree of charisma and although we have criticized him for his outspoken remarks, I don't think any other country has been offended, even though certain remarks have been directed at them.
He's nowhere near as bad as Trump is, for insulting people .
Twitter by hunt to trump:

but allies need to treat each other with respect as @theresa_may has always done with you. Ambassadors are appointed by the UK government and if I become PM our Ambassador stays.

That's one for hunt. If one of you is insulted, you pull together, close ranks and stand together. That's how a pm acts.
Hunt’s comments contrast with the approach taken by*Boris who did not criticise trump when asked about this earlier and instead boasted about his “good relationship” with trump’s White House.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 05:29 PM

I believe Boris will win the votes, but Labour and their cronies in the HOC will do their utmost to prevent him negotiate a deal with no deal as the threat, thus, as Boris must well know, causing a General Election, which Boris must think he could win.

Thank the good Lord we have Nigel and the Brexit Party.
Boris and his charismatic traits will not be enough to convince 17.4 million voters that we will get Brexit by voting for him.
And those treacherous MP's who have done all in their power to thwart Brexit, will be sweating just as profusely if a General Election comes about because of their actions.

I believe most of beyond Watford will vote for Nigel who has not waivered once.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top