Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Why does the Media Interview those who we've sacked?

Watched the news, today, in which John Major was given a lengthy interview and was allowed to rant on about the stupidity of "The People" in Brexit.

He was foaming at the mouth, at some stages, as he rabbited on about the wreckage we're all bringing on "his" Country.

Why does the Media insist in bringing back these failures such that they can let us know what we, the public, are doing wrong?

In many cases it is them, as MPs, who have screwed up our country.

I don't think that large Successful Businesses would treat people, whom they have sacked,with such respect?

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 03:51 PM

Re: Why does the Media Interview those who we've sacked?

I agree Ted and we do seem to reward failure, maybe it’s a slow news day and Major was available (for a small consideration of course)
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 04:05 PM

I wasn’t aware John Major had been sacked.
After he resigned as PM (or was pushed) he continued to be re-elected as an MP for Huntingdon. I don’t think he stopped being an MP because he lost his seat at Election. I thought he decided to retire and not stand for re-Election back in 2001.

The programme makers seem to allow journalists, comedians, popstars, sports people, and a miscellany of other people free reign to spout forth on politics, especially Brexit, so why not retired politicians.
And we, the public, do a fair bit of spouting on the topic of Brexit too.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 04:06 PM

Major ranting about stupidity!? What about him giving Edwina Currie one!? Now that is pretty dumb, on so many levels!!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 04:58 PM

He should be applauded, it's not often you hear a Tory leader, past or present, talking sense.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 06:48 PM

Watch another channel. No need to get annoyed by it.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
He should be applauded, it's not often you hear a Tory leader, past or present, talking sense.
Yes, that Jezebel Curry. boasted & wrote about the affair which happened in the House of Commons and we now all know that he is not grey all over.

Even so, a very nice man married her later.
Some men do not care how many times their amour has been around the block!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top