Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:52 AM

Re: Panorama Investigation into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Are you implining that Corbyns doesn't want to alienate the voting basis he has chosen .
Ie that that is far bigger than the tiny Jewish minority in the UK .
By showing that anti semitism is true they will think he's doing a good job !
We all know that a one large sector of society is intrinsically anti semite .
In a word - yes.

But let be clear, it's not just the mozzies who are Jew haters, a great many that have been sold on what a shower of mamzers we are in schools and universities and who rejoice at the rest of the drek that Momentum put about just love it!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I watched a bit of it & was appalled by what was said.

I once read a biography on Hitler, which explained that his hatred of the Jews stemmed from childhood, where Jewish people could afford much better houses than his family. It seems that his hatred grew over the years and we all know the eventual horrors it led to.

Is Corbyn yet another Hitler in disguise?

I don't know but I do think having him as a leader will do the Labour Party no favours.
Judenhaas is embedded in European culture. Is Corbyn Hitler MK2?

Nah.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-07-2019, 12:01 PM

Muddy I am afraid that too many people try to link religion to politics!
I don't like the Jewish religion & I despise much of the Islam one, but providing that don't try to convert me, it doesn't mean I dislike people who follow these religions.

On the other hand, people involved in politics should never have prejudice against any people, because they are involved in making new laws....but how can those laws be fair if they affect peoples religious beliefs?

The only way to be fair is to allow people to worship as they wish, but never adjust British law to fit their religious requirements.
This means that all animals to be slaughtered, should be killed under the law of the land, not a religious law! If people feel that cannot live with British laws, then they should live in countries that follow their religious beliefs...that is the only answer!
A serious question.

Other than an understandable intense dislike of the manner in which beasts, sheep, and fowl are slaughtered what is it that people don't like about Judaism?

Maybe a new thread on this is called for?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 12:01 PM

Unfortunately Twink the Labour Party under Corbyn has ruthlessly exploited the anti Jewish /anti Isreal feeling intrinsic in one religion in our society in order to garner votes .
Most Jewish people fit seamlessly in to British Society barring a very tiny number that offend our sensibilities over ritual slaughter .I agree all ritual slaughter without prestunning should have a blanket ban .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-07-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Unfortunately Twink the Labour Party under Corbyn has ruthlessly exploited the anti Jewish /anti Isreal feeling intrinsic in one religion in our society in order to garner votes .
Most Jewish people fit seamlessly in to British Society barring a very tiny number that offend our sensibilities over ritual slaughter .I agree all ritual slaughter without prestunning should have a blanket ban .
On that last point I completely agree. If for no other reason than the way that it I conducted for the halal trade is poles apart from that for the
Kosher / Glatt Kosher market.

You think Kosher meat is expensive (which it is) check out the cost of Glatt Kosher!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A serious question.

Other than an understandable intense dislike of the manner in which beasts, sheep, and fowl are slaughtered what is it that people don't like about Judaism?

Maybe a new thread on this is called for?
For me, religion is a belief so there should be no rules. I have known lots a very nice Jewish people, and if I visit their home I am happy to eat what they eat. If they visit mine, I hope they would try the food I have made but I would ask in advance if there was anything they dislike....that is just decent manners! What I dislike about some religions is that they try to dictate how people live their lives.... when that should be a personal choice, not instructions from religious leaders.
Roman Catholics used to do this, but I doubt any have been rejected by their god, just because they eat meat on Fridays or don't attend confession!
I don't even know what Jewish people believe, but whatever it is, it can only be a true faith if it isn't controlled by religious rules & people make their own choices!

I don't think that any religion should be able to tell people what to wear or eat. A) because we were all born naked &
B) because surely all food helps us live so we can continue our particular beliefs.
A faith is something you choose to have & should never be compulsory... or it isn't a true faith!
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 02:41 PM

Why is there a antisemitism,is it historical based on nothing other than it can? Billy wizz brought them over in 1066 or shortly after, the money for the castles had to come from somewhere,Longshanks got rid of, in his reign,Cromwell's new model army had to be paid for, so they were welcomed back.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 02:46 PM

It has nothing to do with history, the Muslim vote is bigger than the Jewish vote, Labour being seen as anti Jew, Anti Israel and pro Muslim terrorist organ will get them the Muslim vote (who are obviously not the brightest people on planet)
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-07-2019, 02:51 PM

For me, religion is a belief so there should be no rules. I have known lots a very nice Jewish people, and if I visit their home I am happy to eat what they eat. If they visit mine, I hope they would try the food I have made but I would ask in advance if there was anything they dislike....that is just decent manners! What I dislike about some religions is that they try to dictate how people live their lives.... when that should be a personal choice, not instructions from religious leaders.
Roman Catholics used to do this, but I doubt any have been rejected by their god, just because they eat meat on Fridays or don't attend confession!
I don't even know what Jewish people believe, but whatever it is, it can only be a true faith if it isn't controlled by religious rules & people make their own choices!

I don't think that any religion should be able to tell people what to wear or eat. A) because we were all born naked &
B) because surely all food helps us live so we can continue our particular beliefs.
A faith is something you choose to have & should never be compulsory... or it isn't a true faith!
When it comes to rules surely the Decalogue are the basis of Christianity as well as Judaism if not Roman Catholicism?

And having faith that Jesus is the saviour of all Christians if they follow the rules that he taught?

As for Judaism a lot of people don't know that there are many flavours of Judaism ranging from the Haredi (Ultra Orthodox) through to the Messianic and observance of a whole mess of things vary depending on what sect a person associates with.

Take the Reform sect. It's based on belief in God but leading a life appropriate to the times he society that you live in provided that you don't break The Big Ten.

People in this country apart from the seriously frum mostly notice that our taste in food is different. For the average Yiddle or secular Yid like me that's down to "vat ve vaz brung up vit".

What our mutter fed us which was usually "continental" nosh. Pickles, smoked fish, egg 'n onion, rye bread, chicken in various forms (usually dead!) - the menu goes on and on and on.

That seemed strange no doubt as must have been the smell of our cooking but underlying it all was tradition. Fried fish in matzo meal, potato latkes, bread that wasn't proper without caraway seeds, it just goes on and on.

So for most Ikey Mo's what mattered most was tradition and while tradition evaporates with time blind ignorant prejudice doesn't.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-07-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Why is there a antisemitism,is it historical based on nothing other than it can? Billy wizz brought them over in 1066 or shortly after, the money for the castles had to come from somewhere,Longshanks got rid of, in his reign,Cromwell's new model army had to be paid for, so they were welcomed back.
I prefer Judenhaas (Jew hatred) to the gentrified "anti-Semitism"

Judenhaas began with Constantine when he invented ChristianityŠ Roman Catholic style and used it as the foundation of the Roman Holy Empire using the Jews as a scapegoat. It stuck.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top