Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Re: My Poor Little Flynn Attacked by another Dog!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Forgive me Tiffany, I added more text in my reply to your post.
Trouble is, to be truthful, still feeling a little shaky after yesterday. Normally, I am a bolshy, tell it how it is type of person, but yesterday really took the wind out of my sails.
No doubt, we will have to eventually meet again. If it turns out she didn't mean it when she said the dog was going, then I will certainly say something to her.

It's really difficult. This little village street is normally so friendly, and everyone always makes newcomers welcome. How can this be in her case though when she has in the space of three weeks since moving in, upset two neighbours with her dog attacks.

We will have to wait and see how things progress.
I guess that's all you can do at present, wait & see what happens. Maybe the dog will attack another dog & that owner will report her.
I read the other part, please don't let that stop you walking your dogs. Go a different way so you don't have to pass the neighbours house.Perhaps wait til she goes out without the dog, then take your dogs out. Do hope you feel better about it soon. I know it must have been horrible. A similar thing happened to me once with our old Border Collie, but the other dog was a Boxer.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh Shrops, what an awful experience for you and poor Flynn.

I too hope your hand heals quickly, and that he suffers no ill effects.

Sending hugs.

And LD, yes, photos please of your new pup.
Thanks Jazzi.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 04:33 PM

Shropshire Lass

How terrible for you, your poor wee dog, and your OH.
Awful that it happened but hopefully no permanent damage.

I know the lady is a neighbour and you may not want to upset her but, if it were me, I would report the behaviour to the local dog warden and let them deal with it. Such aggressive behaviour is totally unacceptable in my opinion. And worse acts of violence may be more catastrophic if you do nothing.

I would be more than a little angry, read absolutely furious, if that happened to Max. Not likely. He does the stare down to perfection.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 04:44 PM

Oh gosh! Poor little Flynn!
These nasty types seem to go for the little quiet ones!
Floyd got bitten by a German Shepherd once and Dolly seems to make the local "thugs" angry.
I hope Flynn isn't put off going for walks now, lovely little dog!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:12 PM

That is terrible for you and your Dog, glad that he is ok though.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
– Snip –

It's really difficult. This little village street is normally so friendly, and everyone always makes newcomers welcome. How can this be in her case though when she has in the space of three weeks since moving in, upset two neighbours with her dog attacks.

We will have to wait and see how things progress.
I have every sympathy with you after your dog was attacked, it's appalling that this should happen. It is illegal for anyone to keep a dog that is dangerously out of control.

That could have been a young child that was attacked. Nobody knows what prompts a dog to attack so nobody can say that dog will only attack other dogs.

Personally I would have taken it further as the dog is not being controlled or even muzzled. There are strict laws about when dogs attack either humans or other dogs and it doesn't matter where the attack happens, in public or on private land, see links below:

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

https://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/legal-...-bites-dog-law
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

Personally I would have taken it further as the dog is not being controlled or even muzzled. There are strict laws about when dogs attack either humans or other dogs and it doesn't matter where the attack happens, in public or on private land, see links below:

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

https://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/legal-...-bites-dog-law
Totally agree.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:22 PM

Just seen this - poor Flynn. I hope that he - and all of you - have recovered from your traumatic experience.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 07:08 PM

The woman sounds a total idiot .
For heavens sake if you can't control one small Jack Russell you should stick to goldfish .
This cocky little dog is obviously the pack leader.
What he really needs is anothef dog to bite him , but failing that a muzzle so at least he can't bite people or other dogs .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The woman sounds a total idiot .
For heavens sake if you can't control one small Jack Russell you should stick to goldfish .
This cocky little dog is obviously the pack leader.
What he really needs is anothef dog to bite him , but failing that a muzzle so at least he can't bite people or other dogs .

Can't disagree with both those comments from Muddy.

To be honest, I think I'd have reported it to the police, as it was a completely unprovoked attack.

You might even have found this nasty little dog was known to them already. If no one ever says anything, it will keep on happening.

I have an idea how you shocked you all were Shroppy, and I feel for you.
The same thing happened to one of my dogs a few years back too, and she was heavily pregnant at the time.
She didn't even attempt to fight back, which perhaps was as well else it might have made the other dog even madder.
I'm sure he would have killed her had I not stepped in, but I couldn't stop shaking afterwards, so I do understand.

I'd keep an eye on Flynn's torn ear as well, make sure it doesn't get infected.
I do hope you all recover from the upset soon, and that dog is either controlled, or taken away from her.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top