Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:25 PM

The News

My charming neighbor, Max, just came by to ask me for a cookie.

He's three, emphasized by carefully folding fingers so as to show three digits.

We had a wonderful conversation before his mother caught up with him.

During our brief exchange I was told, very gravely, that thunder is no good. Worse, his dog ate the hamburger wrapping, and there is a black cat over there (across the street).

Getting news of that quality and accuracy was easily worth the price of an oatmeal raisin cookie, or have I been had?

You all can join me in the security of knowing that we are all safe (aside from those bothersome lightning strikes), and caught up on the neighborhood happenings.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:32 PM

Re: The News

It's mind boggling how accurate they are Surfermom!
My eight year old neighbour Cerys informed me she had a new kitten called Sophie
And she was right!

On the other side, Lexie (also eight and with a voice like
a foghorn) told me ..and the rest of the street (!) that there were big ants and baby ants on my front garden wall

I honestly don't know how I'd get by without their vigilance
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:42 PM

Ah, good, good, Rhian. I was wondering how things were going over there.

Yes, the vigilance is outstanding and the news ever reported with great sincerity.

One of my favorite encounters was when one of my neighbors, about five, burst out of her house to flag down my parents who were just pulling up in their car. Breathlessly, she told my dad that her parents were having a fight and that her dad said he wanted her mom's brother - OUT. My dad had no idea what to say .

Not quite as important news as ants, but she was spot on, nonetheless.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by surfermom ->
ah, good, good, rhian. I was wondering how things were going over there.

Yes, the vigilance is outstanding and the news ever reported with great sincerity.

One of my favorite encounters was when one of my neighbors, about five, burst out of her house to flag down my parents who were just pulling up in their car. Breathlessly, she told my dad that her parents were having a fight and that her dad said he wanted her mom's brother - out. My dad had no idea what to say .

Not quite as important news as ants, but she was spot on, nonetheless.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:04 PM

My youngest grandson always solemnly adds his age if he is asked his name. "...Atreyu and I am 5 years old"
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:20 PM

This isn't "news"!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
This isn't "news"!
I agree ....

If Atreyu had turned 5 nine months ago then he'd be 5¾. Kids can be very specific.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
This isn't "news"!
Oh, have you met Atreyu before?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:26 AM

Is anyone looking for a "News" Agent?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 07:53 AM

I'm looking after my little 19month old grandson at the moment he is just mastering speach.... he is very observant pointing at everything telling me what it is for instance...car...sky...tractor... that sort of thing.

He is also good at deciding if he likes people pretty quickly and tells them Bye Bye quite emphatically if he doesn't.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top