Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:54 PM

Re: Rent a friend.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pauline I have had friends who knew everything about me sadly due to circumstances I have lost touch with both of them .

Now I don't feel the need to have any friends paid for or otherwise, I am best on my own
I would like to be your friend Meg.... you might make me some of those lovely rolls you bake!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Pauline I have had friends who knew everything about me sadly due to circumstances I have lost touch with both of them .

Now I don't feel the need to have any friends paid for or otherwise, I am best on my own

Ah,ok,Meg,...I have to admit,I don't need friends...just thought it a good idea,once in a while,..just for the experience .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ah,ok,Meg,...I have to admit,I don't need friends...just thought it a good idea,once in a while,..just for the experience .

What and be saddled with someone you don't know Pauline
it is bad enough when I go to a party like my son's 40th and have to talk to people I don't know and with whom I have nothing in common, I can't get away quickly enough
I am too old to make polite small talk, my days are numbered and not to be wasted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would like to be your friend Meg.... you might make me some of those lovely rolls you bake!

Cor yeah, me too.
She could teach me how to grow good Garlic, and clip dogs properly then.

There ya go Meg, you've got 2 more already.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:04 PM

[/B]What and be saddled with someone you don't know Pauline
it is bad enough when I go to a party like my son's 40th and have to talk to people I don't know and with whom I have nothing in common, I can't get away quickly enough
I am too old to make polite small talk, my days are numbered and not to be wasted.

Oh,ok,Meg...each to their own..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Hi Pauline, I guess this is what one would have called "Ladies Companion" in times gone by. Someone employed to be some rich lady's 'friend', especially when they travelled.

Perhaps the modern "friend" replaces the word 'companion'?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:09 PM

I suppose, it’s fine if you have the money to be able to pay these ’friends’ for their time, admission charges, petrol and other expenses.

I’d imagine, it would just be a role to them being nice and false and saying everything you wanted to hear.
Then, when their allotted time was coming to the end, they would be checking their watch, snatch up the money and make excuses to leave.

I think you’d be better spending the money on a robot, or getting a dummy, dress it up and link arms with it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I suppose, it’s fine if you have the money to be able to pay these ’friends’ for their time, admission charges, petrol and other expenses.

I’d imagine, it would just be a role to them being nice and false and saying everything you wanted to hear.
Then, when their allotted time was coming to the end, they would be checking their watch, snatch up the money and make excuses to leave.

I think you’d be better spending the money on a robot, or getting a dummy, dress it up and link arms with it!

That's what I thought too, Art, but you phrased it better.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

14-07-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Pauline, I guess this is what one would have called "Ladies Companion" in times gone by. Someone employed to be some rich lady's 'friend', especially when they travelled.

Perhaps the modern "friend" replaces the word 'companion'?
That's true,SSG...I am not looking for a true friend....just the experience ..i will let you know how I get on...I wonder how they will feel going to the opera!...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

14-07-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I am going to the opera,with one...it ain't a dummy either...well they might be...but that's besides the point,.......

"Two dummies together watching the opera"..

I am sure there would be an opera lover on their books.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top