Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:19 PM

Thrill Seeker

Are you one?
Or have you never been?

Is it all about adrenalin?
Or can quieter activities be just as thrilling?

I seek the thrill of the coast and mountain views
In all weathers
I like fast rides and I've abseiled and zipwired but it's not something I do on a weekly basis
A couple of times a year is enough! But there something in the possibility of danger that spikes excitement.
Swimming in the sea is quite thrilling as is bellyboarding and kayaking on lakes
Creating stuff that others admire, that can give me a real buzz too

And intimacy, I still find it endlessly thrilling
Physically, mentally and emotionally
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:35 PM

Re: Thrill Seeker

I like going out in stormy weather, not so much now but I used to love it.

Watching seeds grow is about as thrilling as things get these days!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I like going out in stormy weather, not so much now but I used to love it.

Watching seeds grow is about as thrilling as things get these days!

Even that is making me pulse race.
Steady on gal.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:52 PM

At times, my life was like a roller coaster, l loved it, l loved the thrill of it all!

These days, it’s best to stick to the penny slots!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Even that is making me pulse race.
Steady on gal.
I get that though! I I've never quite mastered growing things
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

14-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
At times, my life was like a roller coaster, l loved it, l loved the thrill of it all!

These days, it’s best to stick to the penny slots!
You still get a jackpot now and again Art,!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I get that though! I I've never quite mastered growing things

Back in the 80's, I got a bit into water skiing though.
I also got whisked up into one of those parachute thingy's being towed along by a speed boat - nearly wee'd meself I did.

I've gone back to watching seeds grow now - it's safer.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:09 PM

In my teens I used to go gliding then joined the parachute club that was based on the same airfield. I had some great times.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:21 PM

I am not a thrill seeker, but when I saw Rudolph Nureyev dancing in the Coppelia ballet, I don't think I blinked through the whole performance!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:17 PM

The event that I found thrilling was when, aged about 18, I went out with a boyfriend and his mother on her boat - Tope Fishing - (shark). I don't know about shark fishing, I was feeling queazy even when she stopped the boat way too far from shore for my liking. There were several other small boats around us doing the same. After a while, I was feeling a little cold, so his mum offered me the use of her jacket, for which I was grateful.

Two minutes later, my line caught something and of course I became very excited at the thought of catching a tope (shark) and being the young, foolish girl I was, started getting all excited and jumping all over the place as I reeled the line in. Everyone on the other boats were all looking at me waiting to see how big the tope was. Pity then that when the fish was reeled in, it happened to be a small but poisonous weever fish that his mum quickly disposed of.
Trouble is, once I was sitting down and started to look at all of the badges on his mum's jacket, I realised what an idiot I must have looked. Every badge was a championship award for Tope fishing! What those people in the other boats must have thought of the expert champion Tope fisherwoman wearing her badge award jacket, jumping up and down in excitement at catching a weever fish. Sigh!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top