Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:22 PM

Re: Thrill Seeker

Hi

Whitewater rafting in the jungle, monkeys, hornbills and crocodiles.

I love it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:26 PM

I went skiing twice. That was thrilling enough. Falling off the button lift on the baby slope just as it moved off was the highlight.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:04 PM

Hi

One for the thrill seekers on here.

https://news.sky.com/story/flyboard-...tions-11762915
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 06:02 PM

I used to be up for anything at all, right up till my knees stopped me. These days the most exciting thing I do is going full gallop along Dunnet Beach on one of the Clyde's, it's always breath taking seeing the beach flash past under those huge hoofs. And I get the feeling that if my Consultant at the hospital knew about it he'd make me stop that as well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:26 PM

One of the biggest thrills for me was going up in a Tiger Moth!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:00 AM

Rhian, I could have written the same post. I know exactly how you feel! For all the thrill-seeking type things that come my way, it's still the simple pleasures I enjoy most. What many people call thrill-seeking (like surfing, I suppose), is more challenging than thrilling. It takes a lot of skill, practice, and easing into it before getting to the feel of it being thrilling.

Swimfeeders, I saw the footage of that hover board today and would absolutely give it a go, though I think I would want to try it over water to ensure a softer landing the first few times. (Why was he carrying a gun, btw? Talk about risky ).
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:13 AM

Not so keen on dangerous thrills but I've fished for piranhas in the Amazon and I swam down the Martha Bray river behind a bamboo raft in Jamaca..stuff like that but I'm not keen on speed or if I feel in danger....love swimming in the sea but not if it's freezing cold
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-07-2019, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Rhian, I could have written the same post. I know exactly how you feel! For all the thrill-seeking type things that come my way, it's still the simple pleasures I enjoy most. What many people call thrill-seeking (like surfing, I suppose), is more challenging than thrilling. It takes a lot of skill, practice, and easing into it before getting to the feel of it being thrilling.

Swimfeeders, I saw the footage of that hover board today and would absolutely give it a go, though I think I would want to try it over water to ensure a softer landing the first few times. (Why was he carrying a gun, btw? Talk about risky ).
Hi

The Gun was a Macho Thing, a Political Statement.

It was not a real gun.

They do try and impress the gullible.

Real Life is very different.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Gun was a Macho Thing, a Political Statement.

It was not a real gun.

They do try and impress the gullible.

Real Life is very different.
No doubt that it's a fake, and nothing screams insecurity like playing with guns. It actually detracted from the very cool technology. .

Since we are talking about thrills, there's no thrill in shooting (or pretending to shoot) someone or something that isn't equally armed, is there!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 03:28 PM

I wouldn't class myself as a thrill seeker. heights worry me for a start although I have flown a light aircraft. Have also driven a formula 2 race car on one of those red letter day things (I do love speed) Swam with dolphins and manitees.... not sure of that is thrilling or not; and have swam in the Thames in London.

As for intimacy, there's nothing more thrilling than the first contact.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top