Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:03 AM

Re: Show dogs.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It simply means they can charge an awful lot of money for stud fees if it's a boy, and charge an arm and a leg for pups if it's a girl. They also a KC entry on their Pedigree.

I knew there would be a lot of money involved,Rox.

What does a KC entry on their pedigree mean?..

What does KC stand for?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:06 AM

It stands for Kennel Club. It's where every Pedigree dog is registered and every litter also registered. It's set up in London...or it used to be. It's been 18 years since I last had any dealings with them. I had to register my Maggie's Litter.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:12 AM

It stands for Kennel Club. It's where every Pedigree dog is registered and every litter also registered. It's set up in London...or it used to be. It's been 18 years since I last had any dealings with them. I had to register my Maggie's Litter.

Do you get papers,stating that they are pedigree?

I am sure I got pedigree papers for my two..must look them out.

How are some breeders allowed to charge huge amounts of money for a puppy?
Is it to do with the pedigree?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions....it just interests me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 08:51 AM

Yes you get paperwork with a pedigree animal, showing their lineage for several generations. Just going into the hairdressers now Pauline, won't be out for a good couple of hours. Will answer more when I get back home, unless one of the others steps up tp the line lol. You could Google images of pedigrees to see what they are like. Must dash byeeee.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Kabella Snow Blizzard bred by Anne Allen and our first Afghan hound in 1973.

Sue always wanted an Afghan hound and at long last we got the one above.

There is quite a story behind getting "Pasha"

For quite a time we went to dog show and asked about them to those exhibiting and eventually came across Anne who live not far from us.
So we rang her asking about Afghan hounds and said we would like one

Anne said she didn't have any puppies but we we welcome to visit her which we did. After a kinda interview she admitted she did have a litter would we like to see them (3 weeks old)

So we saw them and they were "Blues" very uncommon back them and there was just one white one among them. the third only in the country whose uncle was the famous "White Warrior" champion bred and owned by Margaret Niblick (now deceased)

so the litter was born and "mum" went outside onto the gravel and dropped this white one which margaret saw as she drew up in her car as a white lump on the gravel.

Anyway Anne agreed we could have one put as it was going as a pet she would choose which one we could have. Obviously the white one ******

moving on time for puppies to leave home so we got a phone call to get ours
The story doesn't end their

Herr Frankinburger from Germany ( one of the german top breeders) heard about the litter and demanded he took the white one as the foundation stock for blues in Germany. Anne apparently said,we found out later, hat he was not very happy when told it was going to a pet home.

So we turned up at Anne's (still friends with her even today) for a puppy , and yes you guess it we had the white one.

Moving on a few months and Anne often came around to our place she said one day what about showing? Sue had not given it a thought but yes Anne had already entered "Pasha" at the Southern Afghan breed champ show in minor puppy class.
Guess who got first place????

and that started our interest in showing, we also staid friend with others who bought out of the same litter.

We did a bit of breeding at one time
here is a video i managed to save of one of the litters, sorry about picture quality

So that was the start of many years of showing and also the start of owning many Afghan hounds, sometimes up to four at any one time

Then we had an agent much later on and we did one advert I recorded with one of our puppies.

Kebella Ice Blue at Pashkym . Sue's KC reg name, Pasha after out first Afghan and Khym after our second one

That is how we got into dog showing
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

17-07-2019, 12:05 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...VAtdWE#imgrc=_

These are Pedigree Forms Pauline.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-07-2019, 01:12 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...VAtdWE#imgrc=_

These are Pedigree Forms Pauline.

Thanks Rox...I must look mine out.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Kabella Snow Blizzard bred by Anne Allen and our first Afghan hound in 1973.

Sue always wanted an Afghan hound and at long last we got the one above.

There is quite a story behind getting "Pasha"

For quite a time we went to dog show and asked about them to those exhibiting and eventually came across Anne who live not far from us.
So we rang her asking about Afghan hounds and said we would like one

Anne said she didn't have any puppies but we we welcome to visit her which we did. After a kinda interview she admitted she did have a litter would we like to see them (3 weeks old)

So we saw them and they were "Blues" very uncommon back them and there was just one white one among them. the third only in the country whose uncle was the famous "White Warrior" champion bred and owned by Margaret Niblick (now deceased)

so the litter was born and "mum" went outside onto the gravel and dropped this white one which margaret saw as she drew up in her car as a white lump on the gravel.

Anyway Anne agreed we could have one put as it was going as a pet she would choose which one we could have. Obviously the white one ******

moving on time for puppies to leave home so we got a phone call to get ours
The story doesn't end their

Herr Frankinburger from Germany ( one of the german top breeders) heard about the litter and demanded he took the white one as the foundation stock for blues in Germany. Anne apparently said,we found out later, hat he was not very happy when told it was going to a pet home.

So we turned up at Anne's (still friends with her even today) for a puppy , and yes you guess it we had the white one.

Moving on a few months and Anne often came around to our place she said one day what about showing? Sue had not given it a thought but yes Anne had already entered "Pasha" at the Southern Afghan breed champ show in minor puppy class.
Guess who got first place????

and that started our interest in showing, we also staid friend with others who bought out of the same litter.

We did a bit of breeding at one time
here is a video i managed to save of one of the litters, sorry about picture quality

So that was the start of many years of showing and also the start of owning many Afghan hounds, sometimes up to four at any one time

Then we had an agent much later on and we did one advert I recorded with one of our puppies.

Kebella Ice Blue at Pashkym . Sue's KC reg name, Pasha after out first Afghan and Khym after our second one

That is how we got into dog showing

Enjoyed that read,Realspeed.

What a "beautiful dog" how did she manage in hot weather,with a coat like that?

How many litters did she have?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2019, 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=pauline3;1747012]Enjoyed that read,Realspeed.

What a "beautiful dog" how did she manage in hot weather,with a coat like that?

Had a couple of litters and staying in a cool part of the house . I built a side flank extension with tiled floor to the house. That is another story to tell. The dogs exclusive room . The white one was male He sired the one in the video

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top