Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 09:35 PM

American flag

I was thinking about the number of American flags one sees on tv or internet. Then I realised why!!!

It is so Americans know which country they are still in.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:06 PM

Re: American flag

Behave yourself, realspeed.

I don't know what you have against our flag; I like your just fine.

https://fotw.info/images/e/eu-eun.gif

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:54 PM

I love the way the American's display their flag at every opportunity. If only we could be that patriotic here in England.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:03 AM

When Boris becomes PM they'll have to add another star.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love the way the American's display their flag at every opportunity. If only we could be that patriotic here in England.
I don't know how much you display your flag, but yes, fly it!

There seems to be a misunderstanding these days that flying one's flag is more nationalistic than patriotic. I've always seen flying the flag as being proud of one's nation, not superior to others.

I just wish we didn't "fly" the flag on bikinis, underwear...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Behave yourself, realspeed.

I don't know what you have against our flag; I like your just fine.

https://fotw.info/images/e/eu-eun.gif

I don't have anything against your flag and never even suggested it in my original post.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-07-2019, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I don't have anything against your flag and never even suggested it in my original post.
I know . Just teasing you, realspeed .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2019, 12:33 AM

You see the Australian flag a lot here as well. NOt just on buildings and landmarks but outside ordinary houses as well. IN public places like atop the harbour bridge etc it is often with the Indigenous flag flying alongside which I think is fantastic. The Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes are great flags in themselves. Regardless of everything else they represent they're pleasing to the eye. I just wish they would take the UJ off our flag. It belongs in the UK. It should have a joyous farewell party with lots of warm hugs and well wishes. Then go home.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic0.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	10260   Click image for larger version

Name:	aboriginal-flag-2s.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	10262  
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

16-07-2019, 12:35 AM

When I have been to the USA,and that is several times, I found the Americans to be one of the friendliest countries I have been to. Even a cop on a motorbike let me take his photo and had a good chat to him.

we have this to do with flying the union jack in the UK

https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/l...ags/index.html

No wonder we don't bother
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

16-07-2019, 12:45 AM

I am happy that my fellow Americans were friendly, realspeed. I've heard likewise about the people in the UK and Ireland. You and Sue would certainly get a generous serving of hospitality from me !

Just beware that there might be a flag waving on the front porch .

Since Keezoy is online, I have to say the exact same about Australians. Good luck with that flag situation, btw!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top