Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 01:20 AM

Can your puppies make you rich ?

there is a petition to stop this programme being shown on the TV . I am against breeding puppies while so many dogs are in dogs homes and breeders ask exorbitant prices for dogs .
The high prices had lead to widespread dog thief and puppy mill breeding .

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-stop-th...6484-en-gb%3A0
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 09:15 AM

Re: Can your puppies make you rich ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
there is a petition to stop this programme being shown on the TV . I am against breeding puppies while so many dogs are in dogs homes and breeders ask exorbitant prices for dogs .
The high prices had lead to widespread dog thief and puppy mill breeding .

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-stop-th...6484-en-gb%3A0
Hi

I have had dogs for many years.

Only had one litter.

No money made at all. good homes was the thing.

It was the same with the lady we got our flatcoat from.

We had to go to see here for an Interview.

We had the kids with us, when asked about the dog who had died, they burst into tears.

Te puppy was all all over them, and the same from the kids.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:45 AM

That programme sounds thoroughly irresponsible Muddy. The title alone is enough to get the wrong sort of people sniffing around.

There are too many puppy farms, importers, and ignorant breeders using their animals solely for money making machines as it is.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That programme sounds thoroughly irresponsible Muddy. The title alone is enough to get the wrong sort of people sniffing around.

There are too many puppy farms, importers, and ignorant breeders using their animals solely for money making machines as it is.

I couldn’t agree more,greedy,greedy, */;£#@*”

What I don’t understand Mups, why is it allowed?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Agggg madness....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 02:31 PM

I signed the petition, but declined to pay. They should only want signatures.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I signed the petition, but declined to pay. They should only want signatures.

I agree, Tiff.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:23 PM

Another............

4 French bulldogs ROBBED from bootle last night. 3 girls and 1 boy. 2 of the girls are blue and brindle legs. 1 girl is blue brindle and 1 boy is blue. All have a little bit on white on their chest. All microchipped. Make them to Hot to handle!!! 🤬 BTW there in a cage on the pictures because they were on the way the vets last week for microchipped. So for the people asking why are they in a small cage? It’s the only picture iv got of them all together
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-12-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Another............

4 French bulldogs ROBBED from bootle last night. 3 girls and 1 boy. 2 of the girls are blue and brindle legs. 1 girl is blue brindle and 1 boy is blue. All have a little bit on white on their chest. All microchipped. Make them to Hot to handle!!! 🤬 BTW there in a cage on the pictures because they were on the way the vets last week for microchipped. So for the people asking why are they in a small cage? It’s the only picture iv got of them all together

Sadly that's not always true about the microchips Besoeker.
Some of the professional thieves dig the chips out.
I presume they must have a hand held scanner, find where the chip is, and start cutting.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...uries-22519803

Secondly, although it is law for dogs to be chipped, unfortunately it is STILL not law to scan them. This is why some dogs killed in road traffic accidents are just carted off by council workers and the owners never know.

Many people never ask the vet to check the chip is still o.k. while they are there, it only takes him a second or two, and still more people move, or rehome their dog and never get the new records updated.

You must have seen sometimes, dogs returned to their owners after years away from home. Well if missing dogs were scanned as soon as they were picked up, they would be returned straightaway, but they are often not scanned.

They are now talking about making chipping cats law too, yet they haven't even perfected the dogs law yet!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sadly that's not always true about the microchips Besoeker.
Some of the professional thieves dig the chips out.
I presume they must have a hand held scanner, find where the chip is, and start cutting.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...uries-22519803

Secondly, although it is law for dogs to be chipped, unfortunately it is STILL not law to scan them. This is why some dogs killed in road traffic accidents are just carted off by council workers and the owners never know.

Many people never ask the vet to check the chip is still o.k. while they are there, it only takes him a second or two, and still more people move, or rehome their dog and never get the new records updated.

You must have seen sometimes, dogs returned to their owners after years away from home. Well if missing dogs were scanned as soon as they were picked up, they would be returned straightaway, but they are often not scanned.

They are now talking about making chipping cats law too, yet they haven't even perfected the dogs law yet!
Yes, I understand about chips. And "professional" thieves dig them out. The story about the dogs was from a dog trainer we know. This is another - I don't know if this will work..........

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=5FFCD34A

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top