Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 10:11 AM

Nicest Person you have met this Year.

Hi

A strange year with Covid and Lockdown.

I have also had multiple Hospital Admissions.

I have 3.

A Polish Female EMU Consultant.

Brilliant but cringhed when I addressed her in Polish.

Polish can be very formal, which is how you address Professionals.

She was very happy when I explained that my Polish Teachers were young children.

The second one was a black agency nurse called Lucy.

Very tall, very slim, 3 daughters and a husband as bad us 4 in the room.

She had a healthy disregard for the male of the species, but was excellant at her job.

Then the local Binman.

Loads of problems at first when I was unable to put my bins out on the Roadside.

Then I got a nominated collecter.

An absolutely lovely man.

He has cleared up the backlog, and the front garden and will take away anything I put out.

All Credit to them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 12:21 PM

Re: Nicest Person you have met this Year.

I can't narrow it down to one or two people but since starting my job, I have met a whole team of them. The job is hard work physically but the people make up for it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 01:36 PM

The black doorman at waitrose always cheery and courteous .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 01:40 PM

Our new regular postman. Refers to himself as Postman Matt. Always a cheerful fella, who has gone out of his way to make things a bit easier at times.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 03:17 PM

Our Sainsbury's grocery deliverers, they are always smiling, helpful and make sure we are managing alright.

Oh.... and they always close the gate on the way out!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The black doorman at waitrose always cheery and courteous .
All the Waitrose delivery people they are so courteous and cheery and have made having to resort to online shopping a pleasurable experience.

I haven't 'met' anyone else new this year. I was told to go home and stay there in February by my DIL who saw the pandemic coming . She said her Mother wouldn't take any notice of her and she wanted her children to have at least one grandmother when it is all over
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:40 PM

our very own SUMMER, meeting her has enriched my life as I have found a friend in her and feel like I've known her forever.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
our very own SUMMER, meeting her has enriched my life as I have found a friend in her and feel like I've known her forever.
Aw, that's nice.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2020, 06:58 PM

Yes, a strange year. A strange year for me too but I hung in there. And we met some really nice people.

Nicest? I think it wouldn't be right to single them out, lovely neighbours that they are. They were there when they were especially supportive of my dear wife while I was incarcerated in hospital.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-12-2020, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, a strange year. A strange year for me too but I hung in there. And we met some really nice people.

Nicest? I think it wouldn't be right to single them out, lovely neighbours that they are. They were there when they were especially supportive of my dear wife while I was incinerated in hospital.

Was it your burning loins?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top