Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 10:01 AM

Corona virus - sovereign citizens

A woman bashes a policewoman head on the floor repeatedly because she doesn't like the rules of coronavirus is a shocking story.

The movement 'sovereign citizens ' are a dangerous set of selfish morons who need to be punished with very heavy fines.

While this article is about Australians we all know we have our own set of morons here in the UK.

I see lots of comments on the Internet from these conspiracy theorists who refuse to take this virus seriously.

I keep seeing the word 'sheeple' but this group are also 'sheeple ' because they follow too, just that i follow rules while they follow rule breakers.

What is so hard about wearing masks or face shields, if by doing that it gives just a tiny bit of protection to save lives then im willing to do it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53645759
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 11:01 AM

Re: Corona virus - sovereign citizens

It’s these sort of people that think ‘it can’t happen to me’. When it does and they get it bad, that’s when they realise their mistakes. But it is too late.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 11:10 AM

Hi

Perhaps they should be taken into a Resus Unit so they can see the effects

It is not pleasant.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 11:15 AM

Just been listening to the writer Michael Rosen and those who cared for him during his C19 experience

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qlzh

I did shed a tear for the Consultant who was so cruelly reward by fate for his care of others .

C19 is a terrible disease, in many people it affects how the blood functions causing blood clots and this can have disastrous consequences for all the organs in the body. It is not something to be dismissed lightly...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 12:08 PM

When you push people into a corner, the harder you push, the more people will resist until you have a wide scale revolution on your hands. Human nature is well documented.
Everyone I know takes Covid very seriously, but there has always been serious illness, and people die. There isn't one of us on this forum that hasn't lost a loved one, so the old adage of 'If it happened to you' just doesn't work.
Covid is just another burden for the human race to contend with, like cancer and heart disease, and all you can do is to take all the precautions you feel are necessary so as not to catch Covid in the first place, even have the vaccine if it will restore your confidence and allow you to return to normal life.
But getting angry about people who have a different approach to you is not the answer. Obviously violent means are not, and never will be the answer, and these people should feel the full weight of the law upon them, but they are a minority.
Just stay away from these reckless people and let them get on with it and just stay safe and look after your own health and wellbeing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 12:19 PM

OGF the trouble is that hospitals are running out of oxygen. They were never designed for such unprecedented demand. Flu does not require the vast oxygen supplies needed by a whole hospital full of covid sick. Their systems have limited capacity.

So the more infection we have the more likely it is that they will have to decide who lives and who dies. It's that simple.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
When you push people into a corner, the harder you push, the more people will resist until you have a wide scale revolution on your hands. Human nature is well documented.
Everyone I know takes Covid very seriously, but there has always been serious illness, and people die. There isn't one of us on this forum that hasn't lost a loved one, so the old adage of 'If it happened to you' just doesn't work.
Covid is just another burden for the human race to contend with, like cancer and heart disease, and all you can do is to take all the precautions you feel are necessary so as not to catch Covid in the first place, even have the vaccine if it will restore your confidence and allow you to return to normal life.
But getting angry about people who have a different approach to you is not the answer. Obviously violent means are not, and never will be the answer, and these people should feel the full weight of the law upon them, but they are a minority.
Just stay away from these reckless people and let them get on with it and just stay safe and look after your own health and wellbeing.
The government is pushing me to follow rules and I will gladly follow, the harder they push me I'll still follow the rules, that argument doesn't wash with me. These people are selfish, rule breaking morons. They are probably the kind of people who didn't like discipline in schools and broke the rules, we've always had and always will have these kind of people and I feel these people who are breaking the rules need to be punished, they are making things worse for all of us who are trying our best to get this virus under control.

I agree these people are in the minority foxy, that's at least something to be thankful for.

I can't help but feel angry about them and I don't find it that easy just to 'let them get on with it' I wish I did.

Their approach is a dangerous approach and needs nipping in the bud, personally I wish they'd round them up and shove 'em all on an island somewhere but obviously that won't happen lol.

They are moronic people and the majority of them are young, not all, but the majority are. Look at the stupid backpackers in Australia partying in their hundreds on an Australian beach, how disrespectful can people get, they should all be deported back here but then again, I don't want those folk here, we have enough already.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 02:08 PM

I am with Lion Queen on this!

Everybody has different opinions on this, but they have no right to an opinion if their actions put other peoples lives at risk!
It annoys me when we are told that in 2 days time we must all go back into lock down and many people see this as an opportunity to go out & party the night before! I often wonder how many people catch this virus at these social gatherings.

Then we hear how so many people are suffering mental trauma because they can't cope with being alone... when a lot of them had no metal problems before!
People need to learn how to cope on their own, or they will find it may continue well into 2021. Most people have phones or access to the internet & every day you hear of people helping the vulnerable with food supplies or showing kindness to those in need.

Getting control of this virus was always going to be a long & difficult job, and those who ignore the rules are just going to make it longer & harder.
For most people having to stay home will seem lonely, but that is less likely to kill them than Covid & I suspect they would be the first to complain if there were no hospital beds for them.

If they have nothing to do they should send e mails & texts where they can. Play games if the are not alone or maybe try to make some cheap foods from the contents if their cupboards, If you become dependent on other people you will never cope if this virus continues to thrive...because there will be few people to depend on.

Is it asking too much to stick to the strict rules till everybody has their vaccination ( which could take till late spring before we know it has done the job) because the more contact we have with other people the more people are likely to die!
They won't just be people who get Covid, because people with other serious health problems won't get the help they need till there are sufficient hospital beds & staff to care for them!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 03:49 PM

The word 'Mental health' is being used to cover a multitude of sins. Many times I have heard people in interviews say they have ignored convid-19 rules because they fear for their mental health. It's just an excuse to use because they know no one will dare challenge them when they utter the words 'Mental health'.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The word 'Mental health' is being used to cover a multitude of sins. Many times I have heard people in interviews say they have ignored convid-19 rules because they fear for their mental health. It's just an excuse to use because they know no one will dare challenge them when they utter the words 'Mental health'.
In some cases I think it may be just an excuse for being unable to cope. We all need to be stronger if we want to deal with the world as it is today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top