Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 08:19 PM

Re: New Golf Mk8 omission

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd rather have a Jeep.

Did you know that they had only three forward gears?
My JXS had only had only three forward gears......
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 08:33 PM

I'd rather have a Jeep.

Did you know that they had only three forward gears?

(Actually, I've often wondered what's in those large panels along each side. Fuel?)
Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My JXS had only had only three forward gears......

My Bedford CA had only three forward gears .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
My Bedford CA had only three forward gears .....
My first push bike didn't have any gears.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2020, 11:52 PM

My first push bike didn't have any gears.
My first push bike didn't have any wheels .....
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:22 AM

VW have been on a penny pinching exercise lately and some of the models changed spec last autumn. A lot of the dealers were not fully on board with this. My advice to you is make sure you know exactly what you are getting with your new car.

I bought a new Passat and collected it in March before the lockdown. The rrp for this car was over £30000 with the factory fitted options. I didn't pay near that amount but for that you don't get either electric folding mirrors or DAB radio or cd player. So, if these are important to you then just be careful.

VW have admitted their brochure is confusing and, as DAB cannot now be fitted, have agreed to give me my first service free.

It does come with Medium Wave radio! How stupid is that?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Ah but just imagine, you are in the car park at the supermarket, hands full of goodies for Mrs jbr, it’s pouring down , you reach your car and have to put down said goodies and get your keys out, risking getting them ruined, and face the displeasure of the mrs, when, with a simple wave of your foot, the boot automatically opens and you can place your items safely in the boot, marital harmony will be guaranteed :lol, seriously though ., it’s dead handy

Did I mention it also parks itself..?
I've not had the courage to try that yet!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
VW have been on a penny pinching exercise lately and some of the models changed spec last autumn. A lot of the dealers were not fully on board with this. My advice to you is make sure you know exactly what you are getting with your new car.

I bought a new Passat and collected it in March before the lockdown. The rrp for this car was over £30000 with the factory fitted options. I didn't pay near that amount but for that you don't get either electric folding mirrors or DAB radio or cd player. So, if these are important to you then just be careful.

VW have admitted their brochure is confusing and, as DAB cannot now be fitted, have agreed to give me my first service free.

It does come with Medium Wave radio! How stupid is that?
I agree. It is very important to check exactly what you're getting.

I downloaded a brochure for the Golf 8 a few weeks ago and already, when we went into the showroom a couple of days ago, some things have changed.

I have made a list of everything we want and noted which are included in the RRP and which are optional extras.

In January (probably), if we decide to go ahead with a Golf, I shall go through the details with a fine-toothed comb!

Incidentally, looking through online motoring reviews, opinions of the new Golf are generally very good.
The one drawback that comes up with them all is that they don't like the lack of knobs and buttons and, worse, some of the 'touch' controls are difficult to use accurately.

That is something we're going to have to look at more closely nearer the time.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

17-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Your new car will likely come with Discover Navigation. Just two buttons on this so everything else will be touch screen or hand gestures. The screen is a fingerprint magnet.

Have a look at the Carwow site. It will give you a good idea of the discounts you can expect on your chosen model. It's all anonymous too so no pesky sales reps annoying you. November and December are favourable times to buy a new car as most people are spending their money on Christmas. January because everyone is skint! Probably get the best discounts around these times.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Your new car will likely come with Discover Navigation. Just two buttons on this so everything else will be touch screen or hand gestures. The screen is a fingerprint magnet.

Have a look at the Carwow site. It will give you a good idea of the discounts you can expect on your chosen model. It's all anonymous too so no pesky sales reps annoying you. November and December are favourable times to buy a new car as most people are spending their money on Christmas. January because everyone is skint! Probably get the best discounts around these times.
Yes. I've looked at Carwow. There are some very competitive quotes.
I find that you can also trade in your old car as well, but I'm not sure how easy it is to do this.
When the time comes, obviously I'll get quotes from them as well as my local outlet and if they undercut the local place, I'll ask the local one if they can do as well or better.

One question, though. If I buy the car from Carwow, and we usually pay for a couple of years' service up front, can the servicing be done locally or do I have to go to the Carwow seller which may be some way off?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 09:42 PM

Yes. I've looked at Carwow. There are some very competitive quotes.
I find that you can also trade in your old car as well, but I'm not sure how easy it is to do this.
When the time comes, obviously I'll get quotes from them as well as my local outlet and if they undercut the local place, I'll ask the local one if they can do as well or better.

One question, though. If I buy the car from Carwow, and we usually pay for a couple of years' service up front, can the servicing be done locally or do I have to go to the Carwow seller which may be some way off?
If it’s a new car then you can go to any vw dealership for servicing

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top