Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:04 PM

Re: Hybrid cars

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Absolutely no way that I would buy an electric car, either hybrid or otherwise. Always a diesel for me.....
I used to have a diesel Skoda. An excellent car. It lived from 2003 to 2018. Then I got £4000 for it under the government's 'green' offer.
I did once think about trying to use chip oil in it, but never got round to it. I know a chap who did, though.

I couldn't justify a diesel now, though, as I/we don't drive that much any more.

I wouldn't touch an electric or a hybrid with a bargepole, for the reasons discussed on here.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I used to have a diesel Skoda. An excellent car. It lived from 2003 to 2018. Then I got £4000 for it under the government's 'green' offer.
I did once think about trying to use chip oil in it, but never got round to it. I know a chap who did, though.

I couldn't justify a diesel now, though, as I/we don't drive that much any more.

I wouldn't touch an electric or a hybrid with a bargepole, for the reasons discussed on here.
A colleague had a Lexus. A V8 and a hybrid. It was very nice.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A colleague had a Lexus. A V8 and a hybrid. It was very nice.
A Lexus? Oh, but not as nice as my Skoda!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:23 PM

I’d consider an electric car, the range is starting to extend all the time which, let’s face it , is most people’s concern but they’re getting there,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Me too Foxy. The torque is incredible on a diesel. I suppose at some stage I will be forced into buying a hairdryer on wheels but until then....
I reckon that diesels are going to be around for quite some time yet Longdogs, and I won't be.... 25 years....Possibly, but will I still be driving at 95...? I might still be running though......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I’d consider an electric car, the range is starting to extend all the time which, let’s face it , is most people’s concern but they’re getting there,
Thing is Primus, I love driving, and the further the better. I don't think electric have progressed far enough yet though, and I didn't like the sound of having to replace a £6000 battery every five or six years. If my present car was electric, I'd be on to my second batter by now....

If I was just nipping round town or going to work it might have been a possibility.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-09-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I've got a friend who speaks very highly of Skoda vehicles JB, he wouldn't consider any other make.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:11 PM

I've got a friend who speaks very highly of Skoda vehicles JB, he wouldn't consider any other make.
Even when Skoda were the butt of all jokes they were very impressive in motorsport.

During the 70s and 80s they won the under 1300cc group in the famous British RAC Rally a record 17 times on the trott
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-09-2020, 10:41 PM

I reckon that diesels are going to be around for quite some time yet Longdogs, and I won't be.... 25 years....Possibly, but will I still be driving at 95...? I might still be running though......
But you prefer running to driving!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-09-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by reg ->
Even when Skoda were the butt of all jokes they were very impressive in motorsport.

During the 70s and 80s they won the under 1300cc group in the famous British RAC Rally a record 17 times on the trott
I never knew that Skoda were in to racing cars!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top