Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 06:46 PM

Re: So much of life depends on choices and giving others a chance

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And I'm sure most women face those challenges, knowing those challenges exist and still opt for motherhood and career ..... and other women's lives end up that way if their husband becomes unfit for work, or redundant and they become the sole or higher earner...or single, divorced or widowed.

Other women enter professions nowadays ... or the civil service, become politicians, doctors. Women have as much get up and go as chaps and avenues to explore their own ambitions and talents.

To argue a case for poor oppressed women is a bit outdated now , at least in the UK and other developed western countries.
Everyone seems to want to have an axe to grind relating to injustice or something to blame which held them back in life.
In reality ... we probably all have one.
Life isn't fair. For anyone.
Oh, I've got to say it. All Lives Matter.
I wrote an article on the subject of a women’s unique retirement issues and suggested the following:

-Encourage women to start planning and saving earlier since women spend fewer years in the workforce than men.

-Encourage women to take an active part in the financial plan for retirement since they may have different concerns to their spouse at retirement which can be addressed in their retirement plan.

-Encourage women to invest in their health to limit medical costs at retirement.

-Encourage women to plan for an extended life expectancy in their retirement plan.

-Encourage women to explore alternative income streams e.g. transform a hobby into an alternative income source to subsidise retirement income.

-Encourage women to seek expert financial planning advice when planning for retirement.

Women must be encouraged and guided to make the right decisions when it comes to their retirement planning.

Kindly note, my comment quoting some points from my article does not constitute financial advice. Please contact your financial planner - preferably a CFP professional.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I wrote an article on the subject of a women’s unique retirement issues and suggested the following:

-Encourage women to start planning and saving earlier since women spend fewer years in the workforce than men.

-Encourage women to take an active part in the financial plan for retirement since they may have different concerns to their spouse at retirement which can be addressed in their retirement plan.

-Encourage women to invest in their health to limit medical costs at retirement.

-Encourage women to plan for an extended life expectancy in their retirement plan.

-Encourage women to explore alternative income streams e.g. transform a hobby into an alternative income source to subsidise retirement income.

-Encourage women to seek expert financial planning advice when planning for retirement.

Women must be encouraged and guided to make the right decisions when it comes to their retirement planning.

Kindly note, my comment quoting some points from my article does not constitute financial advice. Please contact your financial planner - preferably a CFP professional.

Are you an insurance lobbyist Minxy???

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Donkeyman! 😇😇
No, not at all. I only want to educate people so that they do not make mistakes when it comes to their financial planning. Insurance, Banking and Investments are my speciality though.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 09:12 PM

Now why aren't I surprised
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Well spotted. You're quicker than me.
There's scope for endless advice on how to handle investments and pension funds during this Covid crisis.

Insurance though? Hmm ... it must be difficult to flog that right now though as an industry they generally exploit people's fear anyway that ' It'll happen to them ... rather than happen to someone else.'

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top