Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:39 PM

Kids regressing

I dont really understand why not goingbto school has made some children forget how to use a knife and fork? Do they not use a knife and fork at home? Also why are they saying children who are potty trained are now back in nappies because of the virus? Am I missing something. O

I understand that some kids may be struggling with mental heath but whats this knife and fork business.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...wn-says-ofsted
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 02:43 PM

Re: Kids regressing

My DIL says my grandchildren have become feral they hole up in their rooms only emerging to raid the fridge and emit grunts in response to attempts at conversation.
However their may be because they are teenagers ?
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 03:12 PM

I understand that some kids may be struggling with mental heath but whats this knife and fork business.

I remember reading a report that stated 54% of parents surveyed admitted that their children did not use cutlery to eat their meals. In addition, 36% revealed that they did not dine alongside their children.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 03:25 PM

I think that school and work give a structure and expectations of a behavioral norm. Some find it more difficult to uphold standards if nobody is watching or judging. I guess isolation sends some back to the caves. Some will find it very hard to adjust to normality when it returns.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 03:51 PM

It's down to the parents and how or if they teach and guide their kids . Shovelling food into their mouths sat in front of TV with no structure in place. Some parents do it themselves. I still think a lot of it is because kids are having kids and they are without structure themselves.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:15 PM

It's a changing world.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's a changing world.
Agreed. There's a lot of snobbishness on here.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
It's down to the parents and how or if they teach and guide their kids . Shovelling food into their mouths sat in front of TV with no structure in place. Some parents do it themselves. I still think a lot of it is because kids are having kids and they are without structure themselves.
Who are you to determine what is a "structure" or not?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think that school and work give a structure and expectations of a behavioral norm. Some find it more difficult to uphold standards if nobody is watching or judging. I guess isolation sends some back to the caves. Some will find it very hard to adjust to normality when it returns.
Shouldn't parents uphold those standards?

I dont know anyone with children who eat with their fingers except babies and toddlers or people who eat curry with chappatis. I think its a load of cobblers in my opinion.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 06:54 PM

I sometimes use just a fork in my right hand I need my left hand free to stop the dog nicking my sausages

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top