Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:14 AM

Re: Do We Now Live In A World Full Of Lies, Propaganda And Fake News... Or...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
... would you say, it has always been like that?
What do you think? Is the world now run on lies, propaganda and fake news? Or is that being paranoid?
Always.

And I'd like to add "Vested Interests" to your list.

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 12:17 PM

It’s been known for ages that princess Diana and Elvis have been seen working in a chippy shop in Glasgow.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 12:30 PM

I dont trust or believe what we are told today , I did when I was younger believe that those in power had good intentions but I think its always been about them and lining their pockets .

I think the media stirs up trouble and focus on the fear and negativity and ask a politician a question and you never get a straight answer ......why ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 10:40 PM

We have been lied to for as long as I can remember. I mean, how many prawns do you get in a bag of prawn cocktail crisps? None!!!
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It's the amount of crackpot conspiracy theories that worries me. And even more worrying is the amount of people who believe them.
I agree - it's very worrisome that so many people believe things that are flat out lies, even when the evidence that they are lies is right in front of them. They can see the truth unfolding, yet choose to be believe the lie. I knew some people were gullible, but I didn't know there were that many who were.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2021, 11:45 PM

Its good that folks are thinking, and taking up the mantle, The Truth!.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We have been lied to for as long as I can remember. I mean, how many prawns do you get in a bag of prawn cocktail crisps? None!!!
Can't remember coming across a Cocks Tail either!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 10:30 AM

The accuracy of information depends on who has written it and for what purpose.

To make money, journalists or partisan, satire or parody.

I read a range of news, sometimes it gives an alternative perspective about things.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2021, 10:57 AM

At first I thought it was all about the modern role pf the media.

Now I'm more into the impact of the various "Spin Doctors" who feed the grateful media with whatever bias they want to get out there.

You can, sometimes read about the same event, as reported in several media sources, and the spin can be so different, on each one, that the answer goes all the way from "yes" to "NO", if you see what I mean.

No chance of seeing just the basic evidence of a story.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top