Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:30 AM

Re: How Do You Know What Your Job Is/Was?

Originally Posted by summer ->
I always pretty much wrote my own job description I was quite hard on myself too

Actually Ted I thought this thread was going to be about the lack of a job description for retirement...we could do with one of those
That could be interesting.

You can't get fired for not doing your retirement efficiently, but it could be interesting to have a list & mark oneself on how well you're doing what you said!.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:43 AM

I never read a job description when I was employed. There was a union I could have joined but never did. It was quite obvious to the management and me what had to be done. Do the apprenticeship, then get out there and mend mend mend.

The job description was about the same when I went self-employed.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I never read a job description when I was employed. There was a union I could have joined but never did. It was quite obvious to the management and me what had to be done. Do the apprenticeship, then get out there and mend mend mend.

The job description was about the same when I went self-employed.
It came about, not that long ago, in the UK, that you could not punish anyone, for not doing the job, unless you could show they had signed up to a job description/standards of performance and were not following them.

That led to Industrial Tribunals in which you would have to go before a Magistrate (who might be a Union Official) and you might win, or lose, a case, depending on what was being done versus what was agreed would be done, in writing, by the worker & the Company.

Went to a few of those.

Lawyers & Personnel staff on one side, Trade Union Officials, or nobody (sometimes) on the other.

Could have been better - not sure if they still happen.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top